Pics of Macho calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
I posted these on the show board, but some of you don't visit that board, so I also posted here.

This is Simme Valley Rochelle, 2-15-05, won 2nd in class.
Rochelle_-_sweepstakes.jpg

This is Simme Valley Paradise, 11-22-04, won 1st in class.
Paradise_-_sweepstk.jpg

Both are Macho calves. Rochelle was also shown with her 2-year old dam and was 2nd in class. Pair that beat them was Champion. Pictures are very low pixels - were proof pics. I have ordered prints.

nice heifers jeanne- i have 2 just like them- only not purebred but probably 85%, lol. Will be breeding them in the spring and hope for some awsome calves the next year. :D

Dan.

are u raising all purebreds jeanne?????

How are your calves for calving ease and getting up and being smart enough to nurse on their own???? The ones we used to get from AI breeding were pretty stupid the first 24 hrs. But the ones from our last bull have been pretty smart.

Dan.

Thanks all - the first heifer was also Supreme over all breeds at an 80 head county fair. She & her dam were Supreme Female at NY State Fair. She is sold to a purebred Angus breeder (president of the NY Angus Assn). She went home with him from KILE show, Harrisburg.
The bull calf was Reserve Grand at NY State Fair.

Our partner on Macho (Reach Simmentals) had a February 2005 Macho heifer at the Junior Fall Festival this past weekend (about 100 head of cattle) and she won Supreme over All Breeds. That was a real feather in our cap!
The FF is the cumulation of the Juniors show season out here, best of the best coming from Maine, NH, Vt, RI, Conn., etc all over NY & NE. They took some pics, I'll post when I get a copy.

The heifer has a great profile Jeanne! Congradulations on the wins!

You need to come south and show at the winter shows! The weather is much nicer too!

At KILE we had 1 first, 2 seconds & a 5th with calves (weaned calf off of our cow that we had been showing). No division wins. It's always tough to get around Cliff Orleys showstring, but we held our own & had great comments on the calves. Several people had calves coming this spring out of Macho & they were real happy with what they saw.

Latest posts