Paris sale barns

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
No angle. I simply was asking the question because I was confused by some conflicting statements. I recalled she said her husband was a firefighter but then has stated they were fulltime ranchers, just wanted to get it cleared up. When some says they're a firefighter, with no prefaced qualification of the term, I figure they mean a fulltimer.

TennesseeTuxedo":f4esm0kp said:
cowgirl8":f4esm0kp said:
Why does it matter if he's a fireman? DId someone think they had me at a lie?

Not sure what his angle is but I apologize for not knowing your husband is a volunteer firefighter.
Its no big deal, just glad yall believe me....lol

Workinonit Farm":284q302w said:
jedstivers":284q302w said:
Workinonit Farm":284q302w said:
And another one goes off course. :roll:
It did better though.
Except for all the answers given and ingored.
At least other people got something from it.

There was/is some very good information on this one.

Yes there was. Thanks to all who took time to share their experiences. I presented a program over 20 years ago that selling value added calves would be the norm and those that didn't would be docked to cover the extra medicine and increased death loss. It was received about as well as Cowgirl8 receives suggestions.

Seeing how the NETBIO sale at Sulphur Springs has established itself as a way for small producers to take advantage of selling in load lots and producers like Jedstivers can send straightened out calves hundreds of miles to be sold is proof that what I said that night is coming true.

Just a reminder...no mention of OKC but someone did ask why I didn't sell right off the farm..hum.. ANd of course I get attacked here too, always turns to that. And I get quiet sassy..lol.... I am a cowgirl in a cowboy world.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=102869&hilit=docked

cowgirl8":ze180rbo said:
Just a reminder...no mention of OKC but someone did ask why I didn't sell right off the farm..hum.. ANd of course I get attacked here too, always turns to that. And I get quiet sassy..lol.... I am a cowgirl in a cowboy world.
Hint to cg8, you didn't do yourself any favors bringing that one up. You did however help prove the point of a lot of people on here.

BC":36lmnd5v said:
Yes there was. Thanks to all who took time to share their experiences. I presented a program over 20 years ago that selling value added calves would be the norm and those that didn't would be docked to cover the extra medicine and increased death loss. It was received about as well as Cowgirl8 receives suggestions.

Seeing how the NETBIO sale at Sulphur Springs has established itself as a way for small producers to take advantage of selling in load lots and producers like Jedstivers can send straightened out calves hundreds of miles to be sold is proof that what I said that night is coming true.

Where I used to work, we had a few discussions about this type of thing, about 17-18 years ago as well as talk of getting involved in a "ranch-to-rail" type of program with some of the calves. Back then, it was all very new type of thinking, but I am glad they were open to it. In the long run it proved to be very profitable for the owners. (I'm referring to selling 'value-added-calves'). They even began to participate in a "retained-ownership" program, with some small groups, of 100 to 200. They were pleased with that as well. What was especially beneficial for the herdsman was the feedback and data that was received. Very helpful in planning future breedings, feeding, etc.

cowgirl8":3evwkrod said:
If youre in the cattle business and you need told you lose weight when hauling to the sale barn, well, youre in the wrong business. Period. This discussion was pretty pointless..
Excerpt from this thread.... just, well....

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor

Re: sale barn shafted me

CG8, with the number of calves you sell you should be selling them off the farm via Internet auctions.

I know that's been suggested to you in the past but it still makes sense to me.

I did indeed say the following:

"CG8, with the number of calves you sell you should be selling them off the farm via Internet auctions.

I know that's been suggested to you in the past but it still makes sense to me."

And I stand by that today for any operation your size.

TennesseeTuxedo":wobyrlhj said:

"CG8, with the number of calves you sell you should be selling them off the farm via Internet auctions.

I know that's been suggested to you in the past but it still makes sense to me."

You can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.

True Grit Farms":5y7gucyh said:
TennesseeTuxedo":5y7gucyh said:

True

True Grit Farms":1vbu1fgv said:

Then why keep trying to make the fair mare drink? Take her back to the barn, give her some oats and go back to the house and give your pretty wife a nice hug.

Bright Raven":2etfekie said:
True Grit Farms":2etfekie said:

Then why keep trying to make the fair mare drink? Take her back to the barn, give her some oats and go back to the house and give your pretty wife a nice hug.

You hate to have to put one down, but you can't let them suffer. My sweetie is at a GCA woman's retreat so that'll have to wait.

TennesseeTuxedo":j1gzh2nr said:

But wait, i'm suppose to go to OKC... i'm so confused....lol.....eyeroll...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts