Panera Bread - NO GUNS ALLOWED

Help Support CattleToday:

I'll play devils advocate- SO if I obey the sign and disarm and enter into the establishment because the sign says no firearms. I should expect that the person that is going to commit a crime will do the same? last time I did some research on this subject CRIMINALS DO NOT OBEY THE LAW! or the business owners request. as a matter of fact gun free zones are more likely to have a crime committed. If Any of you think less of me because I ignore a stupid sign so be it. My family is more important than a business owner that has their head stuck up their rear thinking a sign is going to deter crime. If I had my way it would be mandatory for all citizens to carry open and eventually attrition would eliminate the stupid people.

skyhightree1":3gfylg7y said:
TexasBred":3gfylg7y said:
TB.. It's typical of a good portion of Americans with the mentality... " I want you to respect me and my property but your wishes and property don't matter and I will do what I want "

So if I come on your property disarmed and someone else decides to shoot me, are you responsible for my injuries? because you were selfish in demanding I can not defend myself?

So if I had a sign on the front door of my home asking you to not piss on the curtains, would you piss on on them anyway? There is no law against pissing on curtains, it is your right as an American to piss on curtains I guess. To me this would seem to be more of a respect deal, than a rights deal.

ibetyamissedme":3h2nm77i said:
So if I had a sign on the front door of my home asking you to not be nice on the curtains, would you be nice on on them anyway? There is no law against be nice on curtains, it is your right as an American to be nice on curtains I guess. To me this would seem to be more of a respect deal, than a rights deal.

I Agree with that statement and If a friend asked me over I would respect his wishes as I would think a friend would protect me on his property. a business does not assume that responsibility therefore it is my duty to protect myself and ignore a stupid sign. I'm sure if those of you that are unfortunate enough to be in a gun free zone and a CRIMINAL comes in and you point to the sign he will lay his gun down and surrender.

im with m5..but i still think what they dont know wont hurt them and most likely will protect me if the need arises...and then what..suppose i saved someone from getting killed..cuz i really dont care if they rob them while im there..it aint my stuff...but if they look like theyre going to kill me or someone then will panera be happy..or bring tresspass charges for carrying on premise. concealed of course

ibetyamissedme":knt5snn2 said:
So if I had a sign on the front door of my home asking you to not be nice on the curtains, would you be nice on on them anyway? There is no law against be nice on curtains, it is your right as an American to be nice on curtains I guess. To me this would seem to be more of a respect deal, than a rights deal.
How the heck do you compare abiding by the wishes of a friend or family member to abiding by the wishes of public establishment with which the only dealings you have are giving them money in exchange for goods?

What they don't know won't hurt them, but may save them/you

dieselbeef":3kj13sow said:
im with m5..but i still think what they dont know wont hurt them and most likely will protect me if the need arises...and then what..suppose i saved someone from getting killed..cuz i really dont care if they rob them while im there..it aint my stuff...but if they look like theyre going to kill me or someone then will panera be happy..or bring tresspass charges for carrying on premise. concealed of course
That's part of the problem. A half dozen good ol' boys who never shot another human being in their life, all looking out for their family by whipping out their pistols and shooting. Wonder how many innocents will get killed?? I'm sure there are people around me with concealed handguns a lot of the time and I know nothing about it but be damned if I'm going to knowingly carry my family to a place where I feel the need to carry my pistol.

I'm done . :nod:

TexasBred":n8suz31w said:
dieselbeef":n8suz31w said:
That's part of the problem. A half dozen good ol' boys who never shot another human being in their life, all looking out for their family by whipping out their pistols and shooting. Wonder how many innocents will get killed?? I'm sure there are people around me with concealed handguns a lot of the time and I know nothing about it but be damned if I'm going to knowingly carry my family to a place where I feel the need to carry my pistol.

Do you own a gun?

Commercialfarmer":1u7j79rx said:
TexasBred":1u7j79rx said:
dieselbeef":1u7j79rx said:

Do you own a gun?
Absolutely....and a concealed carry permit. But I seldom carry it except when traveling. Especially in places that have plainly requested that patrons not bring their guns into the establishment.

:santa:
TexasBred":rvc8ur9v said:
dieselbeef":rvc8ur9v said:
That's part of the problem. A half dozen good ol' boys who never shot another human being in their life, all looking out for their family by whipping out their pistols and shooting. Wonder how many innocents will get killed?? I'm sure there are people around me with concealed handguns a lot of the time and I know nothing about it but be dtamned if I'm going to knowingly carry my family to a place where I feel the need to carry my pistol.

Not trying to antagonize you, but would you have thought it necessary to carry to McDonald's in Luby Texas 20 years ago?
The problem is you don't know where that place you need a weapon is until it's too late

danl":3fo2746k said:
Not trying to antagonize you, but would you have thought it necessary to carry to McDonald's in Luby Texas 20 years ago?
The problem is you don't know where that place you need a weapon is until it's too late
Actually I think that was Luby's in Killeen, Texas. My step son was there. And no I wouldn't have thought it necessary as did not of the other people there. That guy was going to do what he did regardless, just as the Towel Head did in the same town 2 years ago on a military base!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

TexasBred":2hzzu9oy said:
danl":2hzzu9oy said:
Actually I think that was Luby's in Killeen, Texas. My step son was there. And no I wouldn't have thought it necessary as did not of the other people there. That guy was going to do what he did regardless, just as the Towel Head did in the same town 2 years ago on a military base!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

A military base where the personnel are forbidden to carry side arms, they even have signs up to that effect.

Thanks for making our case for us.

;-)

danl":18gxcfwk said:

I agree with you dan, unless you can predict where every dope head and thug is going to be and what they're going to do, you just can't know. Some guy tried to kidnap my wife as a kid just down from her house, she barely escaped him. When she was in college, she stabbed a guy with a screwdriver that tried to attack her at a stop sign in her car. Last year, a guy was shot in the parking lot of a store in a nice area while she was there. She doesn't live life scared, but she is a person that is very aware of what's going on no matter where she's at. Bad stuff happens to good people and at times you don't expect it and in places you don't expect it.

TB, like dan, I don't intend to antagonize you and I was trying to word this in that manner. I was going to say if you have a weapon, I'm sure you like I imagine the majority of us on here, have some type of contingency plan involving a weapon for use at home. Home is a place your family is at daily. If you have a weapon to use at home (in some unlikely event), a place where you know the surroundings the best, the people that will enter and exit the premise the best, and where there are only a limited number of people.... it only makes sense that when you leave home to go anywhere, that the odds of trouble are higher wherever you go. You aren't as secure and neither is your family. You don't know if someone doesn't belong or what they're up to.

I've said it on here before, if a business or individual labels an area a gun free zone, or posts, no firearms allowed... they should be held responsibile in all meaning of the word, for your safety or lack there of. That makes the most sense to me.

Just something to think about when carrying, in my CCW training the instructor brought up one really good suggestion. "If you have to think if you should pull your gun, you shouldn;t". I found that to be a pretty good bit of wisdom

That's great advice right there Dun. I've been CCW for 30 years and haven't needed or pulled it out yet. And my pistol is like a pocket knife or wallet, I'm never without it unless I have to go through a metal detector. Hopefully I will never need to pull it out.

http://www.click2houston.co...d-by-family/28045006
The basics:
Masked robber enters store with a shotgun. Confronts girl at counter, demands $$.
Store owner pulls handgun, demands robber drop his weapon and leave.
Robber backs off, but points shotgun at store owner (owner is counter girl's father)
Owner's son rushes over, takes handgun from father, and a shootout ensues, with robber soon assuming room temperature..
video at the link above.

Will be turned over to grand jury-

Latest posts