Panera Bread - NO GUNS ALLOWED

Help Support CattleToday:

danl":2vsnz2dj said:
Sometime all you have to do is say something and tell the owner you have an issue with the policy.

When the ccw law first passed in Mo, I went into a branch of a bank the place I work for does a lot of business. There was a sign up. My daughter was still in college and worked there part time.

I went back to my office and called the vp of the bank, and said I could not believe they would have such a policy in our community. He said he didn't even know the signs were up. Five minutes later he called me back and had walked out in their lobby and the signs were there also. He said he would see what he could do.

Twenty minutes later my daughter called and said " who did you talk to, the bank president just called and said get all those signs down and destroy them".

One of my lifes very small victories :D

Signs are posted in every branch of the bank I work for. Had idiots open carrying in a branch so we were advised to post. I can tell you I don't want to see somebody's weapon unless they are an on-duty officer in our banks.

Hey I can copy and paste too - See what else you taught me man you sure are a good teacher. :mrgreen: Hey its america you can even pick and choose what demand means to you just as interpretation of the 2nd amendment... WHAT A PLACE... 8) Freedom of Speech is awesome too. 8) Well since I am not consistant that is your right to say that and I can live with that.. However, Outside of the cyber world what really matters is business owners have the rights to pick and choose ;-) :tiphat: :lol2: :2cents: BTW feel free to use the right of freedom of speech and keep typing I promise this time im done. My state believes in citizens rights to make the judgement call of whether to allow guns or not so really I have no reason to keep up the shenanigans... Oh yea " Keep your powder dry" :wave:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/demand
de·mand noun \di-ˈmand, -ˈmänd, dē-\ : a forceful statement in which you say that something must be done or given to you

: a strong need for something

: the ability and need or desire to buy goods and services
CloseStyle: MLA APA ChicagoFull Definition of DEMAND
1a : an act of demanding or asking especially with authority <a demand for obedience> b : something claimed as due <a list of demands>
2archaic : question
3a : willingness and ability to purchase a commodity or service <the demand for quality day care> b : the quantity of a commodity or service wanted at a specified price and time <supply and demand>
4a : a seeking or state of being sought after <in great demand as an entertainer> b : urgent need
5: the requirement of work or of the expenditure of a resource <equal to the demands of the office> <demands on one's time> <oxygen demand for waste oxidation>
— on demand
: upon presentation and request for payment; also : when requested or needed <video on demand>
See demand defined for English-language learners »
See demand defined for kids »
Examples of DEMAND
The committee is considering her demand that she be given more time to complete the study.
The workers said they would not end the strike until their demands were met.
The demand for low-income housing is increasing as the economy gets worse.
We are seeing an increased demand for hospital beds.
The company increased production to meet demand

skyhightree1":23ibqof7 said:
M5farm":23ibqof7 said:
, sky, do you have a sign to keep rapists out of your business?

Nope .. .Just racists need not apply is the only sign I have :mrgreen:

Why not I have the item needed concealed to rape someone. Just like a gun I choose to use it wisely.

M5farm":2gzl0goq said:
skyhightree1":2gzl0goq said:
M5farm":2gzl0goq said:
, sky, do you have a sign to keep rapists out of your business?

Nope .. .Just racists need not apply is the only sign I have :mrgreen:

Why not I have the item needed concealed to rape someone. Just like a gun I choose to use it wisely.

While I appreciate your comment but you don't have to convince me but the state you live in :D

Im just getting clarification if I come visit im gonna have to stand on the street and wave because I'm armed . I'm not allowed to be on your property with a gun.

M5farm":9jdlg2mq said:
Im just getting clarification if I come visit im gonna have to stand on the street and wave because I'm armed . I'm not allowed to be on your property with a gun.

Lol I never said I don't allow it in my office I personally don't mind carrying.

dieselbeef":1iai7jo7 said:
they call it concealed for a reason kids

I agree, I carry a Ruger LCP , a 380 is not my first choice for a carry weapon, but I can absolutely 100% be sure it is concealed. I have a leather pocket holster, I can carry in my back pocket or side pocket . In the back pocket it looks just like a wallet.

M5farm":2ub4jcyv said:
skyhightree1":2ub4jcyv said:
My states stance on carrying on restricted places

The granting of a concealed handgun permit pursuant to this article shall not thereby authorize the possession of any handgun or other weapon on property or in places where such possession is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the owner of private property.
The owner of pp can only ask you to leave it is not against the law. And unless you search the individual you do not know if they are armed or not.
This would come down to your being willing to comply with the request of the property owner. For most law abiding citizens a sign would be sufficient. For others a "bouncer" might be needed.

The MO legislature just overturned the governers veto for open carry. Anyone that as a CCW license can open carry. Didn;t know that you couldn;t before then but I;'ve always carried concealed even before the license

TennesseeTuxedo":3c61hgtu said:
That bouncer better be packing!
It's his house. Careful who you shoot. Weight your right to say or act against the actual good it's going to accomplish.

TexasBred":2ga09lg4 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2ga09lg4 said:
That bouncer better be packing!
It's his house. Careful who you shoot. Weight your right to say or act against the actual good it's going to accomplish.

I don't carry remember? I'm just sayin he better bring more than a smile to toss my butt out the door.

Remind me again what we're talking about please.

see yall are not making the case between open and concealed....one is not the other.

maybe it would be better to make clear what yer talking about because a case for either can be made for almost all these arguments

dieselbeef":3dodt7hi said:
see yall are not making the case between open and concealed....one is not the other.

maybe it would be better to make clear what yer talking about because a case for either can be made for almost all these arguments
Actually it was about Panera Bread "No Guns Allowed". Sort of like the "No Smoking" sign or what some on here would love to see "No Shorts...No flip flops" . Some are just more selective and vocal about which rights they feel are being limited.

TexasBred":kizhzsq1 said:
dieselbeef":kizhzsq1 said:

Actually it was about Panera Bread "No Guns Allowed". Sort of like the "No Smoking" sign or what some on here would love to see "No Shorts...No flip flops" . Some are just more selective and vocal about which rights they feel are being limited.

HEY NOW, I resemble that remark. Some of us just try to clear the water on what's legal and what not. Panenera bread can post a sign which is there right and M5 can CC a gun in there and not break the law.

M5farm":2v2la6qg said:
TexasBred":2v2la6qg said:
dieselbeef":2v2la6qg said:

HEY NOW, I resemble that remark. Some of us just try to clear the water on what's legal and what not. Panenera bread can post a sign which is there right and M5 can CC a gun in there and not break the law.
True....but still doesn't make it right since the owner has already asked you not to with his sign.

TexasBred said:
TB.. It's typical of a good portion of Americans with the mentality... " I want you to respect me and my property but your wishes and property don't matter and I will do what I want "

Latest posts