4 oz of Beef per day allowed?

Help Support CattleToday:

Yahoo articles can never be takes seriously. Its pure liberal trash.
Yep! You are right on that! There is no such thing as news anymore... it is all only opinions slanted to support an agenda. Same thing with Google. Their results on a search for most any thing will show you websites that are left of center. Do a search for...I dunno..." Causes of the Civil War" on Google. Then clear your cache, and search on Duckduckgo. I do not use Google for a search engine, or Edge nor Explorer for a browser.

Yep! You are right on that! There is no such thing as news anymore... it is all only opinions slanted to support an agenda. Same thing with Google. Their results on a search for most any thing will show you websites that are left of center. Do a search for...I dunno..." Causes of the Civil War" on Google. Then clear your cache, and search on Duckduckgo. I do not use Google for a search engine, or Edge nor Explorer for a browser.
No more Walter Kronkite :cry:. Might have spelled his last name wrong.

No more Walter Kronkite :cry:. Might have spelled his last name wrong.
@Warren Allison, you might explain who Walter is/was. I was in gradeschool when he was a newscaster. I think there are a good many of our members that have no idea who I/we are talking about. I bet you can explain him better than me.

Maybe this is why around 50 million bison didn't cause global warming. This is what studies say, "methane degrades in the atmosphere relatively quickly—it has a half-life of about 10 years—whereas CO2 is cumulative; that is to say a single emission of CO2 will remain in the atmosphere for many hundreds of years, and a series of them will accumulate, continually increasing the amount of global warming. So if emissions of the two gases are rising, then the global warming effect also rises, but more steeply in the case of CO2. If emissions of the two gases are constant, then the warming effect of methane is relatively constant, whereas the warming effect of CO2 increases as it accumulates in the atmosphere. Finally, if emissions of both gases are falling, then the net warming effect of methane begins to drop (in other words the drop in emissions has a cooling effect), whereas the warming effect of CO2 continues to increase, albeit at a slower rate, and only becomes constant when emissions cease altogether."
Now in the present, according to USDA data, "the U.S. cattle herd declined by around 20 percent from 114 million head in 1984 to 93.6 million head in 2017, a period of 33 years." So assuming methane emissions per cow remained approximately the same over that period, this means that methane emissions from the U.S. herd now have no net global warming impact, and are probably having a global cooling effect. So obviously someone is blaming cattle for something for which they are not guilty.

If you go to Google and ask wat produces CO2, this is what it says:
Globally, the primary sources of greenhouse gas emissions are electricity and heat (31%), agriculture (11%), transportation (15%), forestry (6%) and manufacturing (12%). Energy production of all types accounts for 72 percent of all emissions.
Did you notice they LIST agriculture 2nd, even tho the % ranks them 4th?

Globally, the primary sources of greenhouse gas emissions are electricity and heat (31%), agriculture (11%), transportation (15%), forestry (6%) and manufacturing (12%). Energy production of all types accounts for 72 percent of all emissions.
Think about this too, agriculture and forestry have pretty much ALWAYS been around (possibly SOME increase since 200 years ago (population increase has pushed the quantity up, but largely human manipulation of NATURAL processes. Electricity, heat and transportation byproducts were non-existent (nearly) 200 years ago (ok, heat from fires). So, what is OUT OF BALANCE from 200 years ago when there was no problem, and even a 'little ice age' that we went through just prior to the settlement of the west?

Jeanne, I think they like to imply by inuendo that the agriculture %age is caused by cow farts however a big %age would be in fuel and energy in growing crops. They also fail to recognise that it is a two way street with agriculture, grain sequesters much more carbon in actively grown crop than native pasture, cows through recycling nutrients make the soil much more fertile and keep the pasture in the actively growing vegetative stage sequesting more carbon and reducing the risk of bush fires.

Ken

Think about this too, agriculture and forestry have pretty much ALWAYS been around (possibly SOME increase since 200 years ago (population increase has pushed the quantity up, but largely human manipulation of NATURAL processes. Electricity, heat and transportation byproducts were non-existent (nearly) 200 years ago (ok, heat from fires). So, what is OUT OF BALANCE from 200 years ago when there was no problem, and even a 'little ice age' that we went through just prior to the settlement of the west?
I'd say peoples brains have gotten OUT OF BALANCE

Latest posts