4 oz of Beef per day allowed?

Help Support CattleToday:

Sadly true. I always cooked from scratch. Eating out with a family of 6 was a treat and too expensive for what you get. We raised rabbits for meat, hens for eggs, I grew a large garden and had fruit trees. Later we raised our own hogs, lambs, veal, and meat goats, and bought our beef at the Junior Livestock auction. My grandmother gave me her old pressure cooker when I married, and I used it for 40 years (until I had to replace it) to cook tougher cuts of meat. Now I use an Instapot. I can get 2 meals and a pot of soup from a chicken for a family of 6. When the family was young, I made scratch biscuits to fill up the holes. LOL Unfortunately, my daughters didn't learn to cook from me. They preferred to spend time outside with their animals.

I think people are going to have to learn to cook to feed their families with the high price of groceries. With so many families with both parents working, a lot of children are being raised on take-out meals. EBT cards are being accepted at fast food places instead of used at grocery stores for good basic food. Buying 2 meals at McDonalds costs $20! And don't get me started on how high coffee has gone!

I don't know any vegans. Maybe I am missing something, but I think that China and India probably affect the climate more than all the cattle in the US. Like the bumper sticker I saw recently - "I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables"!

In the article they referenced percentages allot. I believe they said if people limit to 4oz of beef a day it will lower C02 by 31%. My question is what will that do for us? As @Ridgetop says if the rest of the world doesn't play along I doubt it matters. Unfortunately they'll start indoctrinating in grade school and the younger generation already doesn't like to cook. It might take 40 more years but Beef won't be what's for dinner anymore.

In the article they referenced percentages allot. I believe they said if people limit to 4oz of beef a day it will lower C02 by 31%. My question is what will that do for us? As @Ridgetop says if the rest of the world doesn't play along I doubt it matters. Unfortunately they'll start indoctrinating in grade school and the younger generation already doesn't like to cook. It might take 40 more years but Beef won't be what's for dinner anymore.
The entire premise that beef is a problem with increased CO2 levels has to be questioned. And the methane thing as well.

The large migrating herd of ruminants that lived in the past, before the industrial age, weren't causing problems. The thing that's changed is human population and activity. THAT is what is causing any problems... not cows that have taken the place of bison and wildebeest and other large ungulates.

It's all driven by the vegan and animal rights agendas, and that started with PETA.

FACT: cows produce methane. FACT: Buffalo/bison are methane producers as well. How many millions of bison/buffalo did there used to be.....and methane wasn't a problem? FACT: more climate warming gasses, several times over cows, are produced by wildfire each year. People producing artiles like this pretty much have an ax to grind but really are barking up the wrong tree. ALL methane sources contribute, but efforts need to be focused where it makes a difference, or will make a difference.

FACT: cows produce methane. FACT: Buffalo/bison are methane producers as well. How many millions of bison/buffalo did there used to be.....and methane wasn't a problem? FACT: more climate warming gasses, several times over cows, are produced by wildfire each year. People producing artiles like this pretty much have an ax to grind but really are barking up the wrong tree. ALL methane sources contribute, but efforts need to be focused where it makes a difference, or will make a difference.
It also surprises me how the methane thing has taken off... and yet no one says anything about the naturally evolved prokaryotes that digest methane, turning it into components of a healthy, human friendly atmosphere. We even call them... methanotrophes.

It also surprises me how the methane thing has taken off... and yet no one says anything about the naturally evolved prokaryotes that digest methane, turning it into components of a healthy, human friendly atmosphere. We even call them... methanotrophes.
It's people with 'an agenda' that don't bother to look at the whole picture.

The entire premise that beef is a problem with increased CO2 levels has to be questioned. And the methane thing as well.

The large migrating herd of ruminants that lived in the past, before the industrial age, weren't causing problems. The thing that's changed is human population and activity. THAT is what is causing any problems... not cows that have taken the place of bison and wildebeest and other large ungulates.

It's all driven by the vegan and animal rights agendas, and that started with PETA.
I guarantee you most of this push has to do with private land ownership more than anything. These climate pushers don't think people should own land. Why have a couple hundred acres when all you need is a 100x100 apartment stacke 10 high. No cattle no reason to own land. The thing they don't understand is someone will always control the land.

I've said the same myself about the bison. One thing you forgot to mention is that before the internal combustion engine there were thousands/millions of cattle/oxen used for draft that aren't now, plus every family had a low producing milk cow that they don't have now. It must have been incredibly warm back then due to all that methane!

My cousin has a small acreage that he inherited, he put it back into native prairie. He and the state boys burn it every year, along with others all over the state. Cousin volunteers on the burns, he's an amateur botanist. this happened quite regularly and naturally before the plow. Lots of "harmful" emissions, as you stated.

I guarantee you most of this push has to do with private land ownership more than anything. These climate pushers don't think people should own land. Why have a couple hundred acres when all you need is a 100x100 apartment stacke 10 high. No cattle no reason to own land. The thing they don't understand is someone will always control the land.
They do understand. Land ownership should only be for the elite, not the likes of you and I.

Very difficult to read that article due to misinformation, obviously the article is slanted and any experts that they refer to most likely are journalists.
Please read the attached article as I am sure it will enforce the fact that they have liberalized interpretation of actual data.

Attachments

• In Defense of Animal Agriculture Article.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 15

Latest posts