Panera Bread - NO GUNS ALLOWED

Help Support CattleToday:

rowdyred":18dqel4w said:
highgrit":18dqel4w said:
It's the jackass's that open carry their guns. When I see someone that's open carrying I keep my eyes on them all the time.

Does Ga. have open carry?

With the permit you have the right to carry however you want with the exception being certain public places. Never understood why anyone would want to open carry. Seem to me if I was a robber you would be the first one I'd shoot.

I gotta admit I do not like open carrying for multiple reasons the very first reason is any FOOL can carry open if they can buy a gun. If you have a concealed permit you have to have had some formal training. Here hunter education is an acceptable certificate or military dd214 or permit classes. If they would ban open carry i think it would ease tensions on those of us that carry concealed. The general public is scared of guns and those fools in public open carrying do not help and I am also like HG when I say I see open carriers I watch them.

skyhightree1":2z5xu167 said:
I gotta admit I do not like open carrying for multiple reasons the very first reason is any FOOL can carry open if they can buy a gun. If you have a concealed permit you have to have had some formal training. Here hunter education is an acceptable certificate or military dd214 or permit classes. If they would ban open carry i think it would ease tensions on those of us that carry concealed. The general public is scared of guns and those fools in public open carrying do not help and I am also like HG when I say I see open carriers I watch them.

Sky and HG, these are interesting points about the "law of unintended consequences" about open carry. We do have guns (have to---I'm a 1st cousin (few gens removed) of Annie Oakley), but there is a time and place for them. And people walking into family restaurants openly carrying big guns are not helping their cause--quite to the contrary, they pretty well turned public opinion against them.

How about we just do away with all of the laws on guns and let people do what the constitution says we can do. WE have the right to bear arms. If you want to conceal it then conceal it. If you want to open carry strap it on and carry it. none of you want people to tell you how to run your farm but you want to tell a person he can or can not carry a gun anyway he wants to. It is still legal in some states. I supported the fight to reinstate it in Florida not because I want to open carry but because the government is regulating and lawing us to death.

M5farm":px8nht3y said:
How about we just do away with all of the laws on guns and let people do what the constitution says we can do. WE have the right to bear arms. If you want to conceal it then conceal it. If you want to open carry strap it on and carry it. none of you want people to tell you how to run your farm but you want to tell a person he can or can not carry a gun anyway he wants to. It is still legal in some states. I supported the fight to reinstate it in Florida not because I want to open carry but because the government is regulating and lawing us to death.

philosophically.....I am right there with you.....
but again....

the sheeple of America have been terrorized by the media and the anti gunners for enough years now that public opinion Is not overwhelmingly in favor of the constitution in general or the 2nd amendment in particular....

disarmament has been the first test ever since the Earps were lawmen.....posted notices of no guns in the city limits and the people felt safer.....it did not work then and it will not work now but the fallacy of making the people feel safer is the one that gets public support...

similarly doing things that make the public feel unsafe causes hysteria and opposition....

they all ignore the premise that criminals by definition do not obey the laws.....

I do what I think is needed to keep me and mine safe and try to not let too many know exactly what that is....fore warned is always fore armed....

Sheeple... It's gotten so bad here that a deputy showed up at my house here a while back on a "man with a gun" call. Somebody saw me walk across my yard with a rifle slung over my shoulder on my way from the truck to the house and decided that she needed to call the cops. :nod: The deputy(I kind of knew him and he kind of remembered me so it was a pretty friendly exchange) was just as irritated as I was at his being here. Here in CA you can open carry on your private property or your place of business but people think that if they even see a gun the owner belongs in jail. :bang:
I've always felt that open carry of a side-arm kind of defeats the purpose of having the upper hand but I'm starting to think that maybe we need to be a little more open about carry laws so that people that aren't raised with guns can see them on occasion and start learning that just because a gun is present in the area does not mean that someone inoccent will be shot.

M5farm":37j076sj said:
:clap: Dead on.

cow pollinater":19go0pek said:
M5farm":19go0pek said:

You gotta compare apples to apples.. Remember a private business can make the rules of their establishment. If you want to carry on your property open thats a whole different scenario and I do not know of any laws atleast here that you can't do that. The constitutional amendment said right to bear arms ... It does not say right to bear arms on anothers property. If you stick to walking on a public street and public property show it all you want. My comment atleast was meaning on carrying on PRIVATE property people do not like to see that. Heck you can't carry a gun open or concealed in some government facilities... courts ... post office... military bases.. I personally was never able to remain on a public street and buy my groceries without leaving the street. Seems as though there was one pesky problem... I had to go on private property. ;-)

skyhightree1":1bycr29y said:
cow pollinater":1bycr29y said:
M5farm":1bycr29y said:

You gotta compare apples to apples.. Remember a private business can make the rules of their establishment. If you want to carry on your property open thats a whole different scenario and I do not know of any laws atleast here that you can't do that. The constitutional amendment said right to bear arms ... It does not say right to bear arms on anothers property. If you stick to walking on a public street and public property show it all you want. My comment atleast was meaning on carrying on PRIVATE property people do not like to see that. Heck you can't carry a gun open or concealed in some government facilities... courts ... post office... military bases.. I personally was never able to remain on a public street and buy my groceries without leaving the street. Seems as though there was one pesky problem... I had to go on private property. ;-)

Then why have a problem with Panera not allowing guns? Is that not their right, according to you?

sim.-ang.king":neppkfww said:
[You gotta compare apples to apples.. Remember a private business can make the rules of their establishment. If you want to carry on your property open thats a whole different scenario and I do not know of any laws atleast here that you can't do that. The constitutional amendment said right to bear arms ... It does not say right to bear arms on anothers property. If you stick to walking on a public street and public property show it all you want. My comment atleast was meaning on carrying on PRIVATE property people do not like to see that. Heck you can't carry a gun open or concealed in some government facilities... courts ... post office... military bases.. I personally was never able to remain on a public street and buy my groceries without leaving the street. Seems as though there was one pesky problem... I had to go on private property. ;-)

Then why have a problem with Panera not allowing guns? Is that not their right, according to you?[/quote]

Please quote me where I said I have a problem with it :tiphat: I just shared the story.

skyhightree1":sv5t9p1g said:
sim.-ang.king":sv5t9p1g said:
[You gotta compare apples to apples.. Remember a private business can make the rules of their establishment. If you want to carry on your property open thats a whole different scenario and I do not know of any laws atleast here that you can't do that. The constitutional amendment said right to bear arms ... It does not say right to bear arms on anothers property. If you stick to walking on a public street and public property show it all you want. My comment atleast was meaning on carrying on PRIVATE property people do not like to see that. Heck you can't carry a gun open or concealed in some government facilities... courts ... post office... military bases.. I personally was never able to remain on a public street and buy my groceries without leaving the street. Seems as though there was one pesky problem... I had to go on private property. ;-)

Then why have a problem with Panera not allowing guns? Is that not their right, according to you?

Please quote me where I said I have a problem with it :tiphat: I just shared the story.[/quote]

Sorry about that, I just made a azz of myself.

Maybe I should of asked, would you go into a place that does not allow guns, and is not a government building?

Knowingly no. My barber banned guns in his shop.. I found a new barber. I don't want to be in any establishment with no protection.. criminal element does not care about those no gun rules.

skyhightree1":pi76civy said:
Knowingly no. My barber banned guns in his shop.. I found a new barber. I don't want to be in any establishment with no protection.. criminal element does not care about those no gun rules.
Chicken :hide: I never think about taking my gun out of the truck and go in stores everyday without one. Maybe it's small town mentality. Don't think anybody has been shot here since Billy the Kid was in town.

This here is a discussion, and I agree with Sky. It's a property owners right to restrict guns on their property if they choose. Cops with guns scare me, and some punk kid walking around town with a assault rifle is a scary thought. But he has that right, but it also is not right. The folks that are scared of guns have rights also, even if their dang liberals.

Latest posts