Our South Central Regional show

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
We had a pretty good show in OK this year. There were 300 plus head of cattle there competing, and we made it to the top with two!

Our bull was 6th overall purebred bull. He is in the top 1% for Calving ease, and we like him a bunch. I just wish I could sell him!

9b9egw.jpg

Our son picked up this heifer, REALLY cheap! She is bred to Executive Order and is a Grand Fortune x Robins Kiss. She was 7th overall purebred....
dm7eyq.jpg

And a bred and owned heifer, sired by GLS Declaration. We like her a lot. Her dam has a lot of white, that is why she is colored a bit more...
jhfqyh.jpg

2moqys1.jpg

This is a purebred heifer we brought, was 5th in a class of 12. She is pretty good. An embryo sired by Bandwagon...

w1r6ab.jpg

We were really proud of our kids and how they did.

insurman said:
What is his ASA#

He is in the top 1% of the breed for calving ease. I have not pushed to advertise, and this is the OLDEST bull we have ever kept around, because we wanted to show him. This is a hard time of year to sell bulls, since everyone has spring breeding bulls out already and fall breeding bulls are not needed until November.

Here is another pic. The one we took at the backdrop was AWEFUL!!!
6sf48w.jpg

That bull is awesome. You guys did great.

That heifer your son bought must be heavy bred? Little udder growth already?

holm25 said:
That bull is awesome. You guys did great.

That heifer your son bought must be heavy bred? Little udder growth already?
Yes, she is due the first part of September. She may not make it to state fair if she keeps developing! We have a ton of clover this year, and it is said that they will put on an udder early because of it, so that might be why also.

Here is a picture of her dam. This cow has been flushed a bunch, however our heifer was her natural calf she raised.
24awm6t.jpg

Latest posts