Our Right To Own Guns

Help Support CattleToday:

alftn":12lxrts5 said:
Well the facts are, I am a Liberal and proud to be open minded enough to think that way.....

The 2 amendment was written without the knowelege of modern guns, It was talking about smooth bore muzzles loader rifles.. NOT machine guns or Back pack nuks....

I question where do we draw the lines?

Our Constitution has stood the test of time and I hope and pray that it will continue to do so in the future. This document was written by men who were Christians with very few exceptions. I don't think these men knew the difference between consertive and liberal, they just knew what was right and wrong.

When they drafted the Second Amendment, they referred to guns as "arms," not smooth bores, muskets or any thing else. They didn't include clauses to change the meaning of "arms" in the Second Amendment for political correctness sake. Just between you and me, I am concerned that we have people that try to twist and re-write history or the Constitution to fit their moral world view.

We have many rights and privileges that we enjoy and that is because of brave and courageous men and women that were willing to pay the supreme sacrifice so that you and I can express our opinion on subjects like this. They had the blood, guts and guns to insure our way of life here in the United States of America.

Guns are not the problem, it is the moral decay of our Country that is the problem. If we continue to push God out of our schools, the military and our Government, we will not survive as a Nation.

I fear for our kids and grandchildren in these uncertain times. It seems as if good is called evil and evil is being called good.

alfin; to satisfy my curiosity, what exactly does liberal mean? I hear the phrase openmined tossed around quite a bit, but aren't the so-called liberals as closed mineded as everyone else? what exactly does liberal mean then? would like to get a clear picture in my mind because you seem to act like everyone else in promoting your opinions but the liberals are open minded? I'M CORNFUSED..........

Liberal/ Open-minded, Let me see..

1. The right to question cons., the est., What every or whom every I wish...

2. The right , for people to live their lives without other people stopping them....ie, free choice, gay rights, christans, Jews , muslims...

3. Evolution

4. Globel Warming

5. A a dozen other topic that closed- minded people can not deal with...

As far as Them Christains forfathers that wrote The Non-living Constitution, Well many own Slaves, Did not beleive That Women should have Rights, and about a dozen other things that have become a Amendent to The Constitution...It The Constitution is Very much alive, that is why , we have all these rights...I am glad that a Goverment of the People, by the People, can change to suit the needs of the people....

alftn":os9udpsz said:
I am glad that a Goverment of the People, by the People, can change to suit the needs of the people....
NEEDS not WANTS

alftn":nnlp1fyh said:
Them Christains forfathers that wrote The Non-living Constitution

I would like to hear your version of how you would have written it. You know, there is a reason that The Constitution Of The United States is the oldest and strongest on earth. It is because the people that wrote it had been unjustly told how to live their lives without any recourse or protection. And now you say that should be changed? I say find you an island somewhere and start your own if you don't like this one.

Guns are not the problem, it is the moral decay of our Country that is the problem. If we continue to push God out of our schools, the military and our Government, we will not survive as a Nation.

I fear for our kids and grandchildren in these uncertain times. It seems as if good is called evil and evil is being called good.[/quote]

Well said,Sir!

The reason The constitution has been around so long is it ability for it to change , to fix the times and peoples needs.....

I think that every single U.S.A. citizen should do 2 years military service....PERIOD , If not , You can not vote ,carry a gun, or have children....

I think if you come to this country , illegally and have a child, your child should not be a U.S.A. citizen ( you should not profit from breaking our laws)

I do not think there should be "life without parole" , simpley Death without parole....

I think that everyone should vote or be punished for not doing it, everyone has to be involved in their goverment....

I think that everyone, I mean everyone should be responsible for their actions.....CEO , BIG COMPANYS , and goverment ELECTS

I believe fool heartedly that all people are good and honest, and will do the right thing.. I refuse to beleive differently , although I find to often they aren't........

All yes , there is a reason that our forfathers Thought there should be a seperation of church and state.....I do agree there, to bad many want to say differently...

How about our New Big court Judge, a couple of more Leftie, and this country might just be OK........

alftn":3soig5xu said:
The reason The constitution has been around so long is it ability for it to change , to fix the times and peoples needs.....

I think that every single U.S.A. citizen should do 2 years military service....PERIOD , If not , You can not vote ,carry a gun, or have children....

I think if you come to this country , illegally and have a child, your child should not be a U.S.A. citizen ( you should not profit from breaking our laws)

I do not think there should be "life without parole" , simpley Death without parole....

I think that everyone should vote or be punished for not doing it, everyone has to be involved in their goverment....

I think that everyone, I mean everyone should be responsible for their actions.....CEO , BIG COMPANYS , and goverment ELECTS

I believe fool heartedly that all people are good and honest, and will do the right thing.. I refuse to beleive differently , although I find to often they aren't........

THIS SOUNDS VERY OPINIONATED TO ME............

..........."I think that everyone should vote or be punished for not doing it, everyone has to be involved in their goverment"....

We just got through with an election in which one segment of the population that usually doesn't, turned out rather heavily. How's that working out for you??

....."I believe fool heartedly that all people are good and honest, and will do the right thing".........

Wish I could say that (with a straight face). Unfortunately, I read and watch the news programs on the electric TV. Try it sometime......

alftn":kokpxwfi said:
All yes , there is a reason that our forfathers Thought there should be a seperation of church and state.....I do agree there, to bad many want to say differently...

How about our New Big court Judge, a couple of more Leftie, and this country might just be OK........
I believe their should be separation of church and state as well although the Constitution does not say that. Please tell the government to stay out of the Church's business.

alftn":3rhido38 said:

alf...maybe your liberal gov't will come up with some more gov't sugar tits for you to nurse on being the parasite you are. :mrgreen:

alftn":16chucuq said:

I disagree here. Some folks are just not cut out for the military. Nothing wrong with these folks and they are not "less American" but having them in the military could be a detriment to the other soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines. Most of the military training and combat operations that I participated in were dangerous enough for a team of dedicated, skilled and motivated soldiers. Throw someone in the mix that does not have the aptitude, motivation or skills to pull it off could get someone....or everyone killed. It is bad enough that they let folks in whose main motivation is for education money or training for a civilian career. Those that are not cut out for military service can serve their country better by staying home, working, paying taxes, raising good kids and supporting whole heartedly those that have posted themselves in harms way because they feel that it is their duty.

HOSS":2nkkkg3e said:
those that have posted themselves in harms way because they feel that it is their duty.
The problem with that is that a lot of them anymore aren;t joining out of a sense of duty but to get a college education paid for and resent having to serve anywhere that may hinder that.
In my mind the gov is guilty of bribery by offering college tuition for doing ones duty!

HOSS":1ig36bob said:
alftn":1ig36bob said:

I disagree here. Some folks are just not cut out for the military. Nothing wrong with these folks and they are not "less American" but having them in the military could be a detriment to the other soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines. Most of the military training and combat operations that I participated in were dangerous enough for a team of dedicated, skilled and motivated soldiers. Throw someone in the mix that does not have the aptitude, motivation or skills to pull it off could get someone....or everyone killed. It is bad enough that they let folks in whose main motivation is for education money or training for a civilian career. Those that are not cut out for military service can serve their country better by staying home, working, paying taxes, raising good kids and supporting whole heartedly those that have posted themselves in harms way because they feel that it is their duty.

GOOD POST!

dun":42az6el3 said:
HOSS":42az6el3 said:
those that have posted themselves in harms way because they feel that it is their duty.
The problem with that is that a lot of them anymore aren;t joining out of a sense of duty but to get a college education paid for and resent having to serve anywhere that may hinder that.
In my mind the gov is guilty of bribery by offering college tuition for doing ones duty!
Best post.

Has anyone heard about the fourth branch of government that is staffed by ex-beltway bureaucrats and administered by aliens?

dun":n9h8sg9n said:
HOSS":n9h8sg9n said:
A lot use to get out of serving time in jail or prison IF they would join the army. don't know if that's still going on or not.

TexasBred":37yqunvj said:
dun":37yqunvj said:
HOSS":37yqunvj said:
A lot use to get out of serving time in jail or prison IF they would join the army. don't know if that's still going on or not.
I asked about that a month or so ago and was told that it isn;t being done anymore. In the Navy we called them cat 8s, but that was 50 years ago. Category 8 were the stupid, the jail birds, the trouble makers that came in the Navy rather then be locked up

Latest posts