Our Right To Own Guns

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill":2zymx09k said:
Are our 2nd Amendment Rights in jeopardy?

Let's hope not, Senora Kagan...

Considering that the Supreme Court recently struck down gun bans in Washington, D.C. and Chicago, I'd say we're OK for now. It's still a conservative court, but votes on the hot button issues like gun control usually come out 5-4, so it's a tenuous lead at best. As for Kagan, she will be a liberal replacing a liberal so the makeup of the Court won't change for now.
People should really pay more attention to how their votes for President and U.S. Senator might affect the makeup of the Supreme Court, no matter which side of the fence they're on. The justices are appointed for life, and their decisions can affect our lives long after the president that appointed them has left office.

Sooner or later it will be 5-4 the other way, I think I would like to see that , I do not think the world is going to stop.

Owning guns is the least of our problems in this country...

alftn":i9waykpy said:
Sooner or later it will be 5-4 the other way, I think I would like to see that , I do not think the world is going to stop.

Interesting!!!!!!!!

alftn":kga82w99 said:

Yep then we can redistribute what's left of the wealth and they will uphold it every time.

3waycross":t7h9gcj1 said:
alftn":t7h9gcj1 said:

Yep then we can redistribute what's left of the wealth and they will uphold it every time.

Look how well that's working out in Europe.....

F350":2l3jtc8h said:
3waycross":2l3jtc8h said:
alftn":2l3jtc8h said:

Look how well that's working out in Europe.....
And how well it would work if somebody decided to kick in your door in the middle of the night.

alftn":10dcslh9 said:

I am still trying to figure out if owning guns is the least of our problems in this country, why a person would wish for a 5 - 4 vote the other way. :?:
Bear

well when they kick down my door in the middle of the night I am sure they will prevail but I reckon the wife will get off a couple of shots with her 38 special and I will try to get off a few with my 44 mag so you don't want to be the first one or two in the door.

Well the facts are, I am a Liberal and proud to be open minded enough to think that way.....

The 2 amendment was written without the knowelege of modern guns, It was talking about smooth bore muzzles loader rifles.. NOT machine guns or Back pack nuks....

I question where do we draw the lines?

alftn":kps2w7s1 said:
Well the facts are, I am a Liberal and proud to be open minded enough to think that way.....

The 2 amendment was written without the knowelege of modern guns, It was talking about smooth bore muzzles loader rifles.. NOT machine guns or Back pack nuks....

By that reasoning the First Amendment is also obsolete since they didn;t have telvision, radio, the ethernet, movies, etc in mind when it was written

Every American needs to go to Washington DC, see the Jefferson Memorial, and just study the old documents from that period. They would easily see how much thought the founding fathers put into building this nation. How intelligent, far sighted, and ahead of their time these men were, and how far this nation has drifted from these founding principals. It is amazing to me, and how fortunate we are, that this extraodinary group of men congealed at that paticular place and time in history. We owe them better than their vision is getting today. @

alftn":192f1uw1 said:

The Constitution is NOT a living thing. It was written right the first time. It's guys like you who think it needs to be revised every few years who will destroy this country.

3waycross":iuzbbc3m said:
alftn":iuzbbc3m said:

The Constitution is NOT a living thing. It was written right the first time. It's guys like you who think it needs to be revised every few years who will destroy this country.

Liberals and Lawyers that instead of defending it, will spend their whole life challenging it.

Latest posts