Opinionated people

Help Support CattleToday:

Bite your tongue?

"You didn't do it the way I told you to do it!"
Me: "Ooops. I misunderstood you."

You can always gain gems of advice from folks. Picking and choosing which advice you follow is the challenge. There have been times when I didn't know what the hell to do and any advice was appreciated.

Let me give you some background...

On Christmas Eve we held a braai (barbeque) for a couple of friends & neighbours, this included a couple that had recently shifted to our area. Well, ol' Hans is a farmer, master braaier, master welder, engineer, pilot, politician, minister, surgeon...you name it :p . Now I'm not saying he's without knowlege but he certainly thinks he knows more than everyone else. He monopolised conversations and generally pizzed everyone off. I consider myself an easy going person and usually 'play along' and don't allow anyone under my skin but this one almost got to me. They were the last to leave after having a cup of coffee...and after telling me how, the next time we braaied, he would show us how its done.

Now, to dodge this oke :lol: :lol:

That's when you should have suggested he had a braai of his own and you would be there and take notes. I imagine there would be plenty of food left over. :lol:

alisonb":3nj6fwy0 said:

On Christmas Eve we held a braai (barbeque) for a couple of friends & neighbours, this included a couple that had recently shifted to our area. Well, ol' Hans is a farmer, master braaier, master welder, engineer, pilot, politician, minister, surgeon...you name it :p . Now I'm not saying he's without knowlege but he certainly thinks he knows more than everyone else.
And yet, has he ever humped a stump?. You should encourage him to.
(Want me to pm you BIlls ph #?)

greybeard":teuojxt9 said:
alisonb":teuojxt9 said:

On Christmas Eve we held a braai (barbeque) for a couple of friends & neighbours, this included a couple that had recently shifted to our area. Well, ol' Hans is a farmer, master braaier, master welder, engineer, pilot, politician, minister, surgeon...you name it :p . Now I'm not saying he's without knowlege but he certainly thinks he knows more than everyone else.
And yet, has he ever humped a stump?. You should encourage him to.
(Want me to pm you BIlls ph #?)

When Bill's finished his work over there i could sure use him around here for a few weeks.

Redgully":263kwser said:
wbvs58":263kwser said:
diana55":263kwser said:
We'll all be ruined said Hanrahan, if willy (can't use the best words to describe him as not allowed to cuss on here) gets elected. Farmers will become an endangered species.

Aren't they already Diana, just read where a heap of NSW farmers are being taken to court over some tree clearing. Once Willy gets his federal clearing laws in, no hope.

Ken

And kiss live export good bye!

Yep sheep live ex is dead man walking and I am very anxious as to what deals they will do with the various groups to include cattle as well.

Ken

ddd75":ho0zoopz said:
good times for US exports .. time to get back into sheep

Imported from Australia lamb at a regional grocery chain (H-E-B) a couple days before Christmas.
The choice CAB ribeyes right down from these were cheaper. (I do not eat lamb or sheeps.)
The leg was over $9/lb and the ribs were $18+ per lb

Sorry to revive an old thread but came across a word that is fitting to this thread, perhaps you have heard it before...

Ultracrepidarian - one who is presumptuous and offers advice or opinions beyond one's sphere of knowledge.

alisonb":3uzv75p4 said:
Sorry to revive an old thread but came across a word that is fitting to this thread, perhaps you have heard it before...

Ultracrepidarian - one who is presumptuous and offers advice or opinions beyond one's sphere of knowledge.

Ultracrepidarians are enough to make a person become a misanthrope! ;-)

alisonb":y7tsi4pp said:

This is an old thread? I've heard of zombie threads, but I didn't realize a few days made it one.

alisonb":1skyruq7 said:
We know one, perhaps we may even be one...in fact there may even be a couple on this forum :p

How do you handle a 'know-it-all' opinionated person who seems to presume they can impose their views on you?
i always need opinions...but a good knowledgeable opinionated person knows when to talk,and when not too.. Then theres folks that take a good opinion and go with it,and some that want to come up swinging..

You don't handle them because u can't be reasonable with people who think they r never wrong

bball":1yy0h136 said:
alisonb":1yy0h136 said:

Ultracrepidarians are enough to make a person become a misanthrope! ;-)

Describes me perfectly.

Latest posts