Opinionated people

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
We know one, perhaps we may even be one...in fact there may even be a couple on this forum :p

How do you handle a 'know-it-all' opinionated person who seems to presume they can impose their views on you?

alisonb":2ry7d5cw said:
We know one, perhaps we may even be one...in fact there may even be a couple on this forum :p

How do you handle a 'know-it-all' opinionated person who seems to presume they can impose their views on you?

Opinions are like azzholes everybody has one.

Let them spew their rhetoric and go on my merry way. It's the equivalent of a political "discussion". I think part of their motivation is their vain attempt to elevate themselves; they're usually very narcissistic. If you don't engage it takes all the fun away & they'll eventually move on to someone willing to take the bait.

True Grit Farms":20gbaw2i said:
Being opinionated isn't a bad thing, but being so opinionated that you can't listen to what someone has to say will really cost you.

That's exactly write.
I have no problem with getting down in the mud and fighting.....but when your obviously proven wrong you gotta be big enough to admit it. There's lots around here who don't have that ability.

Try having an opinionated brother who likes to lecture and ram it down your throat and then chucks a hissy fit if you don't agree! I have had lots of practice i can tell you. Here's a tip, never laugh at their opinion, doesn't go down well!! Just nod that you heard them and go your own way.

I'm not opinionated, I just feel strongly that Herefords are the only real cattle, and that everyone else is wrong.

I don't mind folks with strong opinions if they're backed by facts. Have a family member who is opinionated as heck on every topic but incredibly out-of-touch on facts. But folks with strong opinions need to practice listening too, so that they don't come across as bores

Redgully":2rv2sd48 said:
Try having an opinionated brother who likes to lecture and ram it down your throat and then chucks a hissy fit if you don't agree! I have had lots of practice.... Here's a tip, never laugh at their opinion, doesn't go down well!
Just nod that you heard them and go your own way.
But on the bright side, one day you might be the brother of the Prime Minister of Australia. :)

Son of Butch":1ckco31f said:
Redgully":1ckco31f said:
Try having an opinionated brother who likes to lecture and ram it down your throat and then chucks a hissy fit if you don't agree! I have had lots of practice.... Here's a tip, never laugh at their opinion, doesn't go down well!
Just nod that you heard them and go your own way.
But on the bright side, one day you might be the brother of the Prime Minister of Australia. :)

You never know, the way things are going we all will get a go! Looks like we will have a different one in four months, and he's a real willy!

We'll all be ruined said Hanrahan, if willy (can't use the best words to describe him as not allowed to cuss on here) gets elected. Farmers will become an endangered species.

diana55":2qtvjmru said:
We'll all be ruined said Hanrahan, if willy (can't use the best words to describe him as not allowed to cuss on here) gets elected. Farmers will become an endangered species.

Aren't they already Diana, just read where a heap of NSW farmers are being taken to court over some tree clearing. Once Willy gets his federal clearing laws in, no hope.

Ken

wbvs58":32mja7w9 said:
diana55":32mja7w9 said:

Aren't they already Diana, just read where a heap of NSW farmers are being taken to court over some tree clearing. Once Willy gets his federal clearing laws in, no hope.

Ken

And kiss live export good bye!

Latest posts