Opened A New Feed Store

Help Support CattleToday:

Come by any time TT.... Call me first, and I will make sure that I'm there. We could always spend some time at the farm which is only about 15 miles from there.

Where is your store at? Before my territory got changed I came to Clarksville and Hopkinsville a lot. Sell at Guthrie so still get down that way some. Depending on where and my time I might try to stop by.

Wish you the best of luck.

TN Cattle Man":1w53r23k said:
talltimber":1w53r23k said:
Congratulations, I hope you do well.

You are close to some old friends I use to rope with, him and his Dad, Chad and Bobby Masters?
Know Chad and Bobby well... Chad is living in Texas now and one of the best ropers around.
Congratulations buddy. You should do well. Only thing I would recommend is to carry more than one line of feed and prepare yourself for that automatic % increase in sales that Purina will demand of you. Learn all you can about every feed product you sell so you can truly give your customers knowledgeable information about each of the feeds. As for bulk feeds they really are good for customers only and will actually cost you money by losing the bagged feed sales but guess it goes with the business. Hopefully you can get some sort of binding agreement from PMI that they will not locate another store within "x" number of miles of your location. (10-15 would be nice). Encourage all your customers to buy the best feeds and not the cheapest. Avoid credit as much as possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

TN Cattle Man":1n9oib8i said:
Tom, We are located at 1851 HWY 48 (just south of the bridge). What products do you sell?
I am a service technician for a manufacturer of floor care equipment. If I had to sell for a living I would have probably starved to death a long time ago. I did go all the way to Murray, had lots of business in Clarksville and Hopkinsville. Mainly in the Bowling Green area and surrounding towns now.

TexasBred":26s9xr4i said:
TN Cattle Man":26s9xr4i said:
talltimber":26s9xr4i said:
Congratulations, I hope you do well.

You are close to some old friends I use to rope with, him and his Dad, Chad and Bobby Masters?
Know Chad and Bobby well... Chad is living in Texas now and one of the best ropers around.
Congratulations buddy. You should do well. Only thing I would recommend is to carry more than one line of feed and prepare yourself for that automatic % increase in sales that Purina will demand of you. Learn all you can about every feed product you sell so you can truly give your customers knowledgeable information about each of the feeds. As for bulk feeds they really are good for customers only and will actually cost you money by losing the bagged feed sales but guess it goes with the business. Hopefully you can get some sort of binding agreement from PMI that they will not locate another store within "x" number of miles of your location. (10-15 would be nice). Encourage all your customers to buy the best feeds and not the cheapest. Avoid credit as much as possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Seen that put a lot of people out of business over the years
#1 excuse I hear is " I can't pay you cause my customers won't pay me "

I bought my Priefert SO4 Squeeze Chute near you. I could not find it here for less than 4500 at the time. bse told me about Cheatham Farm Store, I think it was a Robertson Coop in Springfield, TN. I saved about 700 by driving down and hauling it back.

Sounds like a fun opportunity. Good luck.

Ol' 243":3d0un2th said:
What exit off of I-24? I'll be coming through there on Thursday, I'd love to check it out.
The "fastest" way would probably take exit 11 and go around the bypass until you hit the big intersection where you would turn left on HWY 48/13. Go a couple of miles until you cross the Cumberland River and we will be on your left! Hope to see you soon.

Well I found myself within 30 miles of the Diamond H Farm & Feed Store today so I decide to take a little detour and visit Brian for an hour or so. Every time we tried to sit down and discuss his product line an actual paying customer would call his phone or walk in the front door looking for assistance. I'd say he and his son have a good thing going and they should do exceptional well.

I urge all you CT members in south central Kentucky and northern middle TN to stop by and check things out.

Oh, and that 72" Dixie Chopper is one heck of a mowing machine.

I wish I lived even remotely close to or had relatives nearby the feed store so I could go visit it. I get sick of Tractor Supply, Orscheln's, not having what I need and the salespeople not having much knowledge. That's where I try to buy as much as I can local at the independently owned stores. You know that TN Cattle Man will carry good products and have what you are looking for where he has been and still is a rancher presumably most all his life. Moreover he'll understand your operation and what he can do to help your operation product and equipment wise cuz he's been there himself. And to me that makes for one heck of a store! Best of luck Brian, I don't think you'll have any trouble with your background and sounds like also great product line!

Latest posts