Opened A New Feed Store

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Just wanted to share with Y'all what I have been up to lately... it's not like I don't have enough to do, but my son and I opened up a Farm & Feed store (Diamond-H Farm & Feed Supply). It is something that I have wanted to do for a long time and with the encouragement of my middle son, we decided we would pull the trigger and get it done. The name Diamond-H comes from our cattle brand that goes back 3 generations and we wanted to pay some homage to our history in the cattle business.

It took a lot of time to get it where it is today, but I must say that it was well worth the effort. One thing that we wanted to do was to set ourselves apart from the local competition (Co-op, TLC, and Rural King) by offering only the finest products and the best possible prices. With regards to feed, we are an Authorized Purina dealer (which takes more than one would think...and we are the only authorized dealer in our county) and we sell both bagged and bulk feed. When it came to our cattle equipment we chose to represent Sioux Steel as to me, this is without a doubt the best products on the market (and again we are exclusive in our county). We also decided to carry Dixie Chopper lawn mowers as once again, we sewed up the exclusivity in our county. We carry a lot of Farm and Feed "stuff" just like most other stores, and we are excited about what the future will hold for us. Our location is excellent and we get a lot of traffic in front of the store.

Anyway, I'm not here trying to advertise or anything... just wanted to share with you what I've been up to lately. For those of you on Facebook, you can keep up with us on our page Diamond-H Farm & Feed Supply (Clarksville, TN)!

Brian

Last time we talked, you were busy putting it together. I'll have to slip south, and check it out.

I wish you the best. I prefer to shop at businesses such as yours bc of customer service. If I'm spending my money I want a personal relationship and to be on a first name basis with the people I'm spending with. I'm sure you'll do good.

Bigfoot":ct25aovg said:
Last time we talked, you were busy putting it together. I'll have to slip south, and check it out.
Yes, it took us longer to open than we first anticipated...You are welcome anytime Troy!

JMJ Farms":1o75cdd0 said:
I wish you the best. I prefer to shop at businesses such as yours bc of customer service. If I'm spending my money I want a personal relationship and to be on a first name basis with the people I'm spending with. I'm sure you'll do good.
Thanks, and you are exactly right! It is all about personal service (something that a lot of the "box stores" have forgotten).

That's something the coops have forgotten here. You go in our coop and they have a young lady and an older lady working that has no idea what they are selling to you. Good luck.

Craig Miller":3loo64pe said:
That's something the coops have forgotten here. You go in our coop and they have a young lady and an older lady working that has no idea what they are selling to you. Good luck.
That seems to be the way all retailers are going these days... We will keep it "Old School" or we won't do it at all!!

Good to hear
There are getting to be fewer "Mom & Pop" stores and more and more big box stores
Several stores I call on are growing and thriving doing just exactly what you've described
Congratulations to you and your family

Cross-7":21ggcl1o said:
Good to hear
There are getting to be fewer "Mom & Pop" stores and more and more big box stores
Several stores I call on are growing and thriving doing just exactly what you've described
Congratulations to you and your family
Thanks Cross... I still think that there is plenty of room for the "Mom & Pop" operations, especially in the ag community.

Congrats on going into a venture with you son! Good luck to you guys, as a business owner myself my main advice is try not to let the demands of owning a business cross over into enjoying life itself. Wish I was close enough to shop at your place!

Alan

sounds exciting wish you the best of luck in these parts seem like rual keg is trying to push tsc an everyone else out with lowest price,coop na they always were the highest price ,but there are a few small places trying to keep there toe in the door .got one 15 mile away i buy from some its closer than 30 mile .i really dont like rual keg half the people in there dont have a clue! its like wallmart to me .another place i dont like > Good luck! :wave: :tiphat:

talltimber":16j3hx4n said:
Congratulations, I hope you do well.

You are close to some old friends I use to rope with, him and his Dad, Chad and Bobby Masters?
Know Chad and Bobby well... Chad is living in Texas now and one of the best ropers around.

Alan":23oamdes said:
Congrats on going into a venture with you son! Good luck to you guys, as a business owner myself my main advice is try not to let the demands of owning a business cross over into enjoying life itself. Wish I was close enough to shop at your place!

Alan
Thanks Alan... As a full-time farmer, I know all to well what the demands of work can do with regards to enjoying life! I wish you were closer as well... would like to meet you some day!