Old Hereford Journals or Canadian Digestz

Help Support CattleToday:

Idaman

Reaction score
Anyone know where there might be some of these for sale?

I have been watching ebay to no avail.

farmguy":37if0g8v said:
I think I have an old year book or two, I will check.

Thanks so much, let me know if you would wqnt to part with any.

hereford_jock":3ro5kxuv said:
i watch ebay all the time for them. They usually bring very good money on there!

So I have heard. I just found one on Amazon.

I wish you guys would quit bidding against me on those things. I've spent a nice amount of jingle the last few years buying those things on Ebay.

Maybe, I'll hold em a few years and re-sell 'em for a big profit!

WichitaLineMan":2ymhyn2q said:
I wish you guys would quit bidding against me on those things. I've spent a nice amount of jingle the last few years buying those things on Ebay.

Maybe, I'll hold em a few years and re-sell 'em for a big profit!

Se you on ebay.

i've got every american issue back to somewhere around 1934 and the canadian ones back to mid 70's both with address labels to this place on every one.

Hereford76":2lwndn27 said:
i've got every american issue back to somewhere around 1934 and the canadian ones back to mid 70's both with address labels to this place on every one.

Maybe you could charge folks to come and read them. ;-)

Hereford76":3gyyqz1c said:

This jealosy really hurst. My wife thru my out during one of our moves.

I've got a lot of them(Hereford Journals) - and I will probably be selling some of them on eBay come fall.

As some of you know, I'm in the process of moving back to Stephenville - and my wife and I have both accumulated a ton of memorabilia and collectibles that will either have to go - or just be banned to storage.

There are some things I probably won't sell - like a copy of the very first edition of the Hereford Journal ever printed (Volume1, Number 1)

I have a envelope from the American Hereford Cattle Breeders Assn. that C. R. Thomas hand addressed to F. W. Stone in Guelph, Canada, postmarked in 1884.
FredrickWStonea.gif

Some of you may recognize him as the father of Canadian Herefords. While Gudgell and Simpson were famous for their Importations from Britian, I believe they actually bought their first Herefords from Mr. Stone in Canada.

And I've got a lot of old sale catalogs.

I bought some of these items off of eBay and my nemesis when I was buying was Dwight Elmore (Julian on CT).

George

I've got a lot of old Hereford Journals,but don't know what shape they are in as they moved them to the old sales ring under the bleachers will look them up this summer and check them. Do not think there will be many older than the 50's. Used to keep all that stuff but have a wife and 4 daughters that have cleaned up a few to many times.

Probably 6 or 7 years ago the AHA had a brief article in their magazine informing members that there were several old issues of the magazines available for sale (if I remember correctly most of the issues available were from the late 60's through 90's). I never got around to ordering any, but a couple years later I was at the AHA office. Joe Rickabaugh took me to their storage room where there were many old magazines still available; including some years where they bound the entire year in a hard cover. I got a couple that day. They likely still have several available.

UG":1i2vijyo said:
Probably 6 or 7 years ago the AHA had a brief article in their magazine informing members that there were several old issues of the magazines available for sale (if I remember correctly most of the issues available were from the late 60's through 90's). I never got around to ordering any, but a couple years later I was at the AHA office. Joe Rickabaugh took me to their storage room where there were many old magazines still available; including some years where they bound the entire year in a hard cover. I got a couple that day. They likely still have several available.

Thanks so much I will check and see.

UG":31js0f3v said:

Hey. They just emailed me to ask what I wanted.

Latest posts