Old folks-Christmas gift idea for old folks from old folks

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":2dcb6vj0 said:
Yes it would, but as we're all 'pretty' old, we've all already got music from our youth from some of those "greatest hit of 19xx" type things, but I'll have to look in to Bing Crosby and Perry Como. There have been some great suggestions and ideas, and it's brought back some of my own memories.
GB my mom use to look forward to the Perry Como Christmas Special the whole year. Mainly just to hear him sing "Ave Maria". Seems Brenda Lee made her television debut on is show too. He was smoooooooth .

greybeard":16vcnr42 said:
Yes it would, but as we're all 'pretty' old, we've all already got music from our youth from some of those "greatest hit of 19xx" type things, but I'll have to look in to Bing Crosby and Perry Como. There have been some great suggestions and ideas, and it's brought back some of my own memories.
GB my mom use to look forward to the Perry Como Christmas Special the whole year. Mainly just to hear him sing "Ave Maria". Seems Brenda Lee made her television debut on is show too. He was smoooooooth .

Which one of those shows sometimes had the words of a song captioned on the tv screen with the little moving ball so you could follow along? Was that Lawrence Welk?

James T":255p6n6e said:
Which one of those shows sometimes had the words of a song captioned on the tv screen with the little moving ball so you could follow along? Was that Lawrence Welk?

That was the cartoon's that you seen at the movies.
Roy Roger's and cartoons in color Wow that was hard to beat.
Kids today wouldn't understand Bugs back then as there were a lot of war messages
in-bedded in them.

Caustic Burno":2w1pvsnw said:
That was the cartoon's that you seen at the movies.
Roy Roger's and cartoons in color Wow that was hard to beat.
Kids today wouldn't understand Bugs back then as there were a lot of war messages
in-bedded in them.

And Elma Fudd wabbit huntin' with a weal wifle.

Latest posts