OK........What's up next?

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett

Reaction score
As a continuation of a thread I started about annoying little mishaps that could have turned out to be much larger... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62751 ... well, in a way they are continuing. Not only to me but to others around me. Cousin had a cancerous lymph node removed Tuesday, outlook is good on that considering. 97 year old Uncle broke his hip, unclear if he broke it falling or it broke causing him to fall. They got him patched up and he is doing OK for his age. Neighbor and his wife were in an auto accident. Busted up pretty bad from what I understand (but weren't killed)..... Now after all of that, how can I complain about finding a dead cow this morning? Fed em Thursday afternoon with nothing looking amiss. Cold and raining yesterday and just didn't check cause I had fed em up good the day before and because of all the dirt repairs I have just done (didn't want to muck it all up). Found her this morning when I fed with about 50 buzzards starting to work on her. Had her opened up enough to see the calf coming butt first.

I have heard that if we knew what was in store for us, we wouldn't get out of bed in the morning. I don't believe that, but I am as opptomistic as reality allows. But, my point is, maybe it is for the best that we are "surprised". Sorry about your luck.

Sometimes i wonder if i did not have bad luck, would i have any luck. But then that is a depressing thought.
Getting up and doing the work, only to find one of the cows with her feet up is a real bummer. We all think of the shoulda, coulda, woulda, what if's. In the end, it was probably nothing we did. She just found herself in a hole and could not get out...we all know the rest of the story. We, in the end, realize that death is not something we can stop. It will come no matter what we do. All we can do is manage our lives to the best of our God given abilities. Be that serving people, helping people or farming.

Even though life throws many curves and twists, how we look a things can change our perspective. Something I, myself need to constantly remind myself of.

Damitall-I hate that for you. If you own anything or know anybody crap is gonna happen. Don't be doing the coulda woulda shoulda thing. I wish daily for a startover button-haven't found one yet..

Many years ago, I read an article about the good times and not-so-good times in life. The gist of the article was whether good or bad-"This too shall pass". It really got my attention as I had recently been thru some pretty good times and hoped to avoid the downside. Sure enough some not-so-good times occurred and even later more good times. I have now learned that the only constant in life is change and whether it is good times or not "This too shall pass".

Good times(and hopefully sunshine) are probably just around the corner.

Best wishes.

Texas PaPaw":y8p4pv0t said:
Many years ago, I read an article about the good times and not-so-good times in life. The gist of the article was whether good or bad-"This too shall pass". It really got my attention as I had recently been thru some pretty good times and hoped to avoid the downside. Sure enough some not-so-good times occurred and even later more good times. I have now learned that the only constant in life is change and whether it is good times or not "This too shall pass".

Best wishes.
I think the attribute of patience is involved in weathering storms. If you know how to get it, let me know, as fast as possible.

Dear Lord grant me patience...and I mean NOW!

Alice

Ryder":2v2ja881 said:
Texas PaPaw":2v2ja881 said:

Best wishes.
I think the attribute of patience is involved in weathering storms. If you know how to get it, let me know, as fast as possible.

Been looking for an Impatience vaccine for many years with no luck.

About the time I feel I've found ol' patience, something spooks him and he's gone again. If I ever get him caught I'll be glad to share.

All I know vett is that I've got a new sig line because of this thread. It seems as I get older more goes wrong than right, but at the end of the day I have a lot more to be thankful for. I think as I get older I'm much more critical of everything. I've always been obsessed with details and as a result of that can see far too things "that just are not quite right".

Hang in there buddy.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
I have to repeat that one to myself daily.

Larry

Freight train--or a loong line of dump trucks loaded with sh--soil(yeah-soil)

Oh, really my "problems" are tame. But they do seem to be like a tap on the shoulder...like someone trying to get my attention. Just getting a little gun shy. Is the next one going to be another tap or a thump. I can honestly say that as trying as times have been the past two years, every time I really started to feel life is unfair I could come on CT a read where someone was enduring much more tragedy than myself at the moment. That in itself has an effect on me. I'd rather everyone be problem free, but we do have to live the live that was given to us the best we can.

I appreciate the pep talk and I'll share the pep with those of you that could use a pick me up too. I know you are out their...

Keep on keeping on. ;-)

Hey wow, just looked out the window and the moon is coming up "big" time. Sort of a peach color I haven't seen before.

OH no, what kind of a sign is that? :lol:

Thanks alisonb, I understood the message.

Since I'm been looking for the "next" incident to show up, I found it yesterday (actully showed up Wednesday night)..

Sinus infection. :roll: Breaks my streak of over 2 years without. Nose is running, lips are burning, eyeballs feel like they want to pop out, and my teeth itch and my nose is getting raw. Hopefully, if it runs its normal course, I should start to feel better by tonight.

Stayed in the house all day yesterday (didn't want to get out in this wet weather) but I'm ready to get out of this house at least for a while. Guess I'll get all bundled up in a little bit. I need to check and feed the cows. (HD, cross your fingers. I've got one that should be close and I didn't check em yesterday. :oops: ) Weather was perfect for calving in miserable weather (with or without problems).

Latest posts