Nother bull to tear up

Help Support CattleToday:

Saltydawg

Reaction score
Check out the noggin on this guy. Owner tried to sell me this bull. Said he's used the bull 3 years and hasn't had any trouble with calving.
Looked at last years batch of calves and didn't see any big headed ones.

I told him the bull wasn't what I was looking for. Just figured I'd let ya'll tear him up.

I saw this bull two years ago and he carries more weight in the summer. The owner doesn't do a good job of winter feeding though..... very poor quality hay and the only protein supplement is a liquid feeder thats empty more often than not.

cows020.jpg

Yea I wasn't able to get good pics of him...he didn't want to pose for me.
He wasn't aggresive and didn't seem like he wanted a piece of me...but he didn't wanna hang around for a photo session either.

I'm not very good at eyeballing frame but he is a big boy. Just isn't getting enough feed or something.

These are the only two other photos I got before he wandered out back.

cows022.jpg

cows021.jpg

ollie'":3kslm7d8 said:
I also prefer testicles on bulls.

Aw, c'mon ollie' - you ever jump into a real cool pond? What happened?

Same thing for this guy - he has them sucked up good.

Looks like they got a good coat of hair on them as well.

Middle pic - you can see them little guys hiding - waaaay up there!

Bez!

Well it was about 8 degrees farenheit the day I took these pics which might explain why his sac was pulled way up.

I've seen fat steers with a bigger bag. They could come closer to breeding cows as well. He looks like he just wants the whole life deal to end!

I think the owner ought to be tied to a tree out in that paddock overnight at 8 degrees F, and see if he figures on puttin some feed or bedding out there. Disgusting. :mad:

oh whatever. you people make me laugh. try going to the salebarn sometime. so he's not in the best shape, big deal. hes not starving to death either.

You know what's funny.....or i guess not so funny.

I've known this guy for years and his farm is always barely operational.
He sells all his heifers to the Amish guy across the road. Its like night and day looking at the Amish fed animals (well taken care of) and this owners animals.
You'd think he would have figured it out by now.

And of course this guy is always full of "helpful" advice for me when I stop by.

The only reason I even considered looking at this guy was because I've seen some of the calves on the Amish farm across the road that came from this bull and they look pretty decent.

If that pitiful chunk of mouldy hay (that is what it is isn't it???) in front of him is all he gets to eat then I would say that he is at least hardy!
His head probably wouldn't look so big if he had some meat on his bones but I am with ollie, he's hasn't got too much for testicles.

That moldy piece of hay is what his round bales look like when he's hauling them out to the pasture. You can see the tractor tracks. He just hauled a bale out back and that little piece of hay fell off.
He stores his round bales on the ground with no cover.

Ok dawg...what did his calves look like? I wouldn't buy him probably wouldn't take him as a give away, could cost more to get him into condition than he would be worth...could be wrong.
DMc

Wow, now I feel like I have a really nice bull, even if he is a bit light in the hip. :D

Alan

Latest posts