Not your stereotypical farming crowd

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest":10jvbwiq said:
herofan":10jvbwiq said:
True Grit Farms":10jvbwiq said:
With all the game cameras, surveillance cameras in use now, there isn't nothing getting by without being seen.

That's what I'm thinking. I saw One of the shows where guys would put apples at various places; some high on a tree. They would come back the next day and they were gone. They claimed it could be no small animal, and no signs of a bear. They were sure it was a Sasquatch! Why not just put out a game camera and see for sure what's taking the apples? :???:

I saw one series with Les Stroud of Survivorman fame. He stated that the locals believe there is some sort of disruption of electronics that these animals create. Well isn't that convenient? However, he did show the birds stealing his sandwich, but he also had an apple that was in one shot and gone the next. Now of course, I'm skeptical, but it would be really fun if they found one.
1977 Colonel, a Circus Vargas elephant, escapes from a broken down truck into the
Florida Everglades. It takes six days to find and capture him. St. Petersburg Times,
December 29, 1977
A lot of us looked for this elephant till it was captured. Once they spotted the elephant a trainer went in and got it, I'm sure that it wasn't trying to hide.

True Grit Farms":345qnbkn said:
1977 Colonel, a Circus Vargas elephant, escapes from a broken down truck into the
Florida Everglades. It takes six days to find and capture him. St. Petersburg Times,
December 29, 1977
A lot of us looked for this elephant till it was captured. Once they spotted the elephant a trainer went in and got it, I'm sure that it wasn't trying to hide.

I bet that was a sight to see!

herofan":xv6gq4ca said:
I must say, this thread has moved from one topic to another. It started with an observation that people on this forum aren't stereotypical farmers. Then we go to teachers and salary calculation. Now we're on men vs women on childish behavior. What's next? Anyone spotted a Bigfoot lately?
Come on hero. Quit acting like a teacher. ;-) :lol:

That's what I'm thinking. I saw One of the shows where guys would put apples at various places; some high on a tree. They would come back the next day and they were gone. They claimed it could be no small animal, and no signs of a bear. They were sure it was a Sasquatch! Why not just put out a game camera and see for sure what's taking the apples? :???:

Must have been in the only part of the North American land mass that doesn't have squirrels, coons and possum?

2 years ago I went down and looked at all the pears on my 2 pear trees and thought "they'll be ready in a week and I'll come back and start knocking them out."
Went back 5 days later and found ONE gnawed up bit of a pear on the ground and not a single one left in the trees. Musta been sasquatch...

True Grit Farms":zrp5asis said:
With all the game cameras, surveillance cameras in use now, there isn't nothing getting by without being seen.

BS.. My wife and I saw 'wolfman'.. a big foot type creature with a wolf head. We saw it on the edge of a woods line right by a corn crop field. Good sized creak nearby, farm fields, and lots of cover all over made a perfect spot. We'd hear rabbits crying death all the time, and see piles of crap that looked like coyote but a lot bigger. We were standing still watching the sunset with our dogs and he hopped out of the treeline about 30 yards down and sat there in a gorilla position. he didn't even know we were there. After a few moments I nudged my wife and said look at that. we were all froze, even the dogs. He started making this heavy breathing sound that got louder and louder .. he was getting P!SSED we were there. Finally he stood straight up, I'd say he was atleast 7' tall, body of a full gorilla, just huge, with a fvcking wolf head.. I mean.. a true WOLF head. This thing was insane. You couldn't mistake it for ANYTHING. After doing its growling thing at us for a while it took off full gorilla run through the corn (corn was down) and stopped about every 30' turned at us and did its growl thing.. did that about 3-4 times and just booked it across the field very fast.

I went and got the camera and the quad and took off after it but never saw it.

no, i'm not crazy. :hide:

ddd75":2ixh2wni said:
True Grit Farms":2ixh2wni said:

BS.. My wife and I saw 'wolfman'.. a big foot type creature with a wolf head. We saw it on the edge of a woods line right by a corn crop field. Good sized creak nearby, farm fields, and lots of cover all over made a perfect spot. We'd hear rabbits crying death all the time, and see piles of crap that looked like coyote but a lot bigger. We were standing still watching the sunset with our dogs and he hopped out of the treeline about 30 yards down and sat there in a gorilla position. he didn't even know we were there. After a few moments I nudged my wife and said look at that. we were all froze, even the dogs. He started making this heavy breathing sound that got louder and louder .. he was getting P!SSED we were there. Finally he stood straight up, I'd say he was atleast 7' tall, body of a full gorilla, just huge, with a fvcking wolf head.. I mean.. a true WOLF head. This thing was insane. You couldn't mistake it for ANYTHING. After doing its growling thing at us for a while it took off full gorilla run through the corn (corn was down) and stopped about every 30' turned at us and did its growl thing.. did that about 3-4 times and just booked it across the field very fast.

Sounds like another reason no one should be out and about without a gun. How many UFO's have you been seeing lately?

ddd75":1zqazvsn said:
True Grit Farms":1zqazvsn said:

Where is Mulder when you need him.

ddd75":6kmqy0ia said:
True Grit Farms":6kmqy0ia said:

If I had seen that, I probably wouldn't have had enough clean underwear for the rest of the day. Oh, and going after it sounds like what they do in all the horror movies; always put yourself in harms way. :lol:

greybeard":kyokdv3p said:

Must have been in the only part of the North American land mass that doesn't have squirrels, coons and possum?

2 years ago I went down and looked at all the pears on my 2 pear trees and thought "they'll be ready in a week and I'll come back and start knocking them out."
Went back 5 days later and found ONE gnawed up bit of a pear on the ground and not a single one left in the trees. Musta been sasquatch...
They're smart, always wait until the fruit is ripe. Tossup which is worse, coons or possums. Squirrels are bad but I don't think as bad as the aforementioned.

True Grit Farms":1xdkc3ej said:
ddd75":1xdkc3ej said:
True Grit Farms":1xdkc3ej said:

Sounds like another reason no one should be out and about without a gun. How many UFO's have you been seeing lately?

never seen a UFO. but I have 'felt' a ghost before.

herofan":el2f4quo said:
ddd75":el2f4quo said:
True Grit Farms":el2f4quo said:

If I had seen that, I probably wouldn't have had enough clean underwear for the rest of the day. Oh, and going after it sounds like what they do in all the horror movies; always put yourself in harms way. :lol:

it was an extremely scary looking thing.. but for some reason I wasn't that scared of it and was never scared to keep walking in the woods. The look of my 3 dogs faces were priceless.. I've never NOT seen them run right after something.. they stood and looked at me like. WTF?! Eyes so big. haha

The people that lived on that farm were straight crazy looking though. The entire family looked like sloth from the goonies, but sloth looked pretty good compared to them.. I'm not joking either. I should of looked to see if it was a full moon, they might of turned into that thing. OSU came around there to record and investigate strange howlings when we moved over there. I figure it was him.

Caustic Burno":4ryisr43 said:
GB he is too young to know the Douglas family.
:lol: my little sister is 12 and that's one of her favorite tv shows!

herofan":12hexla7 said:
I'm just making an observation; the more I read on the forum, the more I realize it's not made up if the stereotypical farming crowd.

You guys not only invest in the stock market, but you actually seem to have an understanding of it to the point you discuss it.

It also seems like everyone here is an historical expert as well. I can recall several threads where the finer points of history were thrashed out.

I also saw another thread where someone drove several hours for some kind of poetry event.

If they based Sam Elliot's character on "The Ranch" on you guys, it would be a totally different show.
My brothers tell me when I get old I'm going to be just like Sam Elliott's character! :lol:

ddd75":3lhj6hqk said:
it was an extremely scary looking thing.. but for some reason I wasn't that scared of it and was never scared to keep walking in the woods. The look of my 3 dogs faces were priceless.. I've never NOT seen them run right after something.. they stood and looked at me like. WTF?! Eyes so big. haha

The people that lived on that farm were straight crazy looking though. The entire family looked like sloth from the goonies, but sloth looked pretty good compared to them.. I'm not joking either. I should of looked to see if it was a full moon, they might of turned into that thing. OSU came around there to record and investigate strange howlings when we moved over there. I figure it was him.

So what is the follow up to your story? Have you ever seen signs of it again? Has anyone else ever seen it?

herofan":1r45bpei said:
ddd75":1r45bpei said:

So what is the follow up to your story? Have you ever seen signs of it again? Has anyone else ever seen it?

The only thing I heard was the OSU thing and the neighbors said something would always tear up there garden. We moved not long after (not because of that). I never heard of anyone saying anything about seeing it. My wife and I talk about it about once a year. I tell all the kids it as a story around the fire and they really like it.

No one ever believes me so I tell them to ask my wife, when she verifies the story then everyone believes it .. :lol2:

the really crazy part is we had to of walked right by it and not of known. We had about 8 acres of pretty thick bushes / cedar trees / thick grass mix and I had 10' walking trails all over it. If the dogs could smell it they left it alone, but I don't think they could smell it at all.

We got a perfect view of this thing for several minutes. It didn't even know we were there, the wind must of been blowing the other way.. I noticed it before it noticed us. I was looking at it like. what in the h3ll is that.. then nudged my wife..

when it noticed us it knew we were looking at it.. and it didn't like that one bit. You could tell it was a very elusive creature. It absolutely hated being looked at. I've never not seen my 3 dogs go after something.. they all stood silent and as still a rock. when it started really huffing and getting mad, I whispered.. don't move. . I figured it'd be best to stay completely still. When it stood straight up I couldn't believe how much muscle and how tall this thing was. It didn't look nearly as big all hunched over. You could tell it was a big animal, but I wasn't expecting what I saw.. then the crazy part was just the wolf head. You just keep thinking of that bigfoot picture of a human type face.. this wasn't anything like that. Just take a wolfs head.. 100% .. and a big gorilla body.. that was it. 100%. Just crazy. It acted completely ape like though with the way it stood, ran, was crouched, huffing/grunt noise, arm movements.

Latest posts