New Truck

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":2azk8t2y said:
Nesikep":2azk8t2y said:
JMJ, Lot of people take off working turbos from their trucks.. Used Holset HE351VE with actuator, usually around 50-100K miles on it, $400.. I have about 3 of them and run one on my truck. Yours could have been rebuilt for FAR less money. And if you're doing a delete anyhow, you could go with a fixed type turbo, also far less money.

Like I mentioned earlier my original post was a bit misleading. Not intentionally. I've ordered the turbo. Was supposed to be here two weeks ago. They quoted me $4300. But they don't have it yet and I haven't paid for it yet. So I still have options. And I'm most certainly interested in any ideas any of you have. The problem is I have limited knowledge when it comes to engines and turbos. Your proposal sounds pretty good to me. I will try to learn more about what you're talking about. True Grit also had a pretty good suggestion. I was gonna call him today and talk to him about but I've been slammed until about 30 minutes ago.
one place to start is "Turbo lab of america", they're based out of Virginia I think?
Here's their Ebay store, This is their upgraded turbo, 67mm compressor and turbine compared to 60mm stock, really makes a big difference, especially at the top end, may need tuning to make it really work though... Listing is without actuator, I'd recommend requesting one that has it installed and calibrated already... Price is a very far cry from what you've been quoted

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HE351VE-Turbo- ... Sw6T9ay8P7

Installation is pretty easy, can do it in an afternoon or so without sweating it.. nothing too complicated about it.. 15mm wrench for the turbo-manifold bolts, 11mm deep socket for the exhaust connection and the intercooler, 10mm socket and short extension for the oil drain.. couple misc other ones for the coolant lines and oil feed, probably have to move the air filter out of the way, etc.

Nesikep":2tj1oqmy said:
JMJ Farms":2tj1oqmy said:
Nesikep":2tj1oqmy said:
JMJ, Lot of people take off working turbos from their trucks.. Used Holset HE351VE with actuator, usually around 50-100K miles on it, $400.. I have about 3 of them and run one on my truck. Yours could have been rebuilt for FAR less money. And if you're doing a delete anyhow, you could go with a fixed type turbo, also far less money.

Like I mentioned earlier my original post was a bit misleading. Not intentionally. I've ordered the turbo. Was supposed to be here two weeks ago. They quoted me $4300. But they don't have it yet and I haven't paid for it yet. So I still have options. And I'm most certainly interested in any ideas any of you have. The problem is I have limited knowledge when it comes to engines and turbos. Your proposal sounds pretty good to me. I will try to learn more about what you're talking about. True Grit also had a pretty good suggestion. I was gonna call him today and talk to him about but I've been slammed until about 30 minutes ago.
one place to start is "Turbo lab of america", they're based out of Virginia I think?
Here's their Ebay store, This is their upgraded turbo, 67mm compressor and turbine compared to 60mm stock, really makes a big difference, especially at the top end, may need tuning to make it really work though... Listing is without actuator, I'd recommend requesting one that has it installed and calibrated already... Price is a very far cry from what you've been quoted

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HE351VE-Turbo- ... Sw6T9ay8P7

Installation is pretty easy, can do it in an afternoon or so without sweating it.. nothing too complicated about it.. 15mm wrench for the turbo-manifold bolts, 11mm deep socket for the exhaust connection and the intercooler, 10mm socket and short extension for the oil drain.. couple misc other ones for the coolant lines and oil feed, probably have to move the air filter out of the way, etc.

Thank you Nesi. I really appreciate the information. I'm gonna check into it.

Latest posts