New found Respect

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
My wife left me about 9 days ago " To see her dying dad " with the kids 7yr old boy and 5 yr old girl and any single dad out there I have the utmost respect for them after these past 9 days. My wife will be back by September when our daughters first day of school atleast but till then playing mommy is no fun. It also gives me a greater apprediation for my wife. I know my kids love it cause they are eating good getting dessert of their choice every night.
:clap: for all the single dads and women :tiphat:

I miss read your post twice. Thought your wife had ran off. Sorry. I couldn't raise our 3 by myself. There would be enough house work to do, that I would never get to be on the farm.

Probably the best friend I ever had ran out on his wife a couple years ago. Left her with 3 kids------teenage down to 1 year old. They lost about everything they ever owned. Tore the kids all to pieces. They refuse to see him, and the littlest doesn't really even know him. I lost all respect for him. We haven't spoken since. She is having a lot of trouble out of the teenage boy. She has asked me a couple times to talk to him. I don't know what to say.

Sorry Bigfoot I will correct the post. Yea i mean what would you say to the boy the structure of being a man wasnt established so being a teenager you cant just make him conform to the ideal way to act now. It sucks because since his dad did it to him it may be something he sees as being ok.

Maybe you could give him a job, let him help you do some fencing, I had some of the best talks with my grandad while we were working. Don't worry about what to say, just get him started talking and it'll come to you. He's probably hurting pretty bad not having his dad around, he might appreciate the male influence.

It's the total package. They left the farm, and moved to town. He's running with a bad bunch. Hates everybody and everything. Failed last school year.

I never saw any of it coming. Knew his dad as well as I have ever known anybody in my life. Friends since childhood.

My kids were teenagers when the wife ran off. It was tough on them. Certainly tougher on them than on me. And they all took it differently so there is no one simple answer. On the single parent issue. There was one point where the boys had moved out on their own and I had three teenage daughters living with me. Believe me there was more than one occasion where I stood on the back porch looking toward the heavens and asked, "who thought I was qualified for this job?"

tripleBfarms":29zr3dv2 said:
Maybe you could give him a job, let him help you do some fencing, I had some of the best talks with my grandad while we were working. Don't worry about what to say, just get him started talking and it'll come to you. He's probably hurting pretty bad not having his dad around, he might appreciate the male influence.

+1

He's most likely hungry for leadership and guidance.

When my first wife left, my four boys were between the ages of 5 and 10. Quite the life style change, I may have put too much pressure on the oldest two for help around the house. It was just me and the boys for five years until my current wife came into our lives and she helped me finishes raising them. As much as any child needs a father they also need a mother. Sky, good for you and the new found respect you have for single parents but also the respect you have for your wife and how hard she works for your family. :tiphat:

Alan":2x5io0oh said:
Sky, good for you and the new found respect you have for single parents but also the respect you have for your wife and how hard she works for your family. :tiphat:

This is very true. i felt like :cry2: a few times its overwhelming and shes only gone temporarily.

skyhightree1":dczn3ras said:
Alan":dczn3ras said:
Sky, good for you and the new found respect you have for single parents but also the respect you have for your wife and how hard she works for your family. :tiphat:

This is very true. i felt like :cry2: a few times its overwhelming and shes only gone temporarily.

You should make a nice meal to welcome her home and give her a big smootch to show your appreciation to her. :)

glacierridge":3l4xdsz7 said:
skyhightree1":3l4xdsz7 said:
Alan":3l4xdsz7 said:

You should make a nice meal to welcome her home and give her a big smootch to show your appreciation to her. :)

Good Idea :tiphat: I will probably make some of her favorite shrimp scampi and a tarheel pie those are her favs.

skyhightree1":itycec9b said:
Good Idea :tiphat: I will probably make some of her favorite shrimp scampi and a tarheel pie those are her favs.

She may be suspicious of what went wrong while she was gone with that spread ;-)

But when she sees it's for her being her I think she would be impressed with the gesture. :)

glacierridge":gnp2szdv said:
skyhightree1":gnp2szdv said:

She may be suspicious of what went wrong while she was gone with that spread ;-)

But when she sees it's for her being her I think she would be impressed with the gesture. :)

lol she calls the kids daily and asks is daddy cleaning up and has he broke anything

glacierridge":30k9u35u said:
skyhightree1":30k9u35u said:
lol she calls the kids daily and asks is daddy cleaning up and has he broke anything

HAHA, that's cute!!!

Lol I have learned to used paper plates and plastic disposable cups knives spoons and forks. However my kids did tell on me that I have been letting them eat candy as much as they wanted... :shock: I was being the cool parent and they told on me :lol:

Bigfoot":ktn5e8me said:
I miss read your post twice. Thought your wife had ran off. Sorry. I couldn't raise our 3 by myself. There would be enough house work to do, that I would never get to be on the farm.

Probably the best friend I ever had ran out on his wife a couple years ago. Left her with 3 kids------teenage down to 1 year old. They lost about everything they ever owned. Tore the kids all to pieces. They refuse to see him, and the littlest doesn't really even know him. I lost all respect for him. We haven't spoken since. She is having a lot of trouble out of the teenage boy. She has asked me a couple times to talk to him. I don't know what to say.

instead of talking to him, if you could spend some time with him-would be the best thing, or give him a job on your farm-give him a purpose

It's no joke being a single parent I was one for 71/2 years until I met my now Husband of 28 years second time around has been the best, he was a single parent also, I helped him finish raising his two children and he helped me with mine and the one we had together. Now we are Grandparents to four beautiful girls and now another one on the way, due in Feb next year, our Son Robert is about to become a Dad can't wait.

skyhightree1":13mjqqhh said:
glacierridge":13mjqqhh said:
skyhightree1":13mjqqhh said:

Would she take the joke in the spirit it was intended if when she calls you could get one of the kids to say " I can't talk now mommy the fire man says we have to get out of the house" ? Of course with what she is dealing with this may be another one of my really dumb ideas.

Latest posts