Respect ?

Help Support CattleToday:

LOL... That brings back a memory... I was fresh out of boot camp and someone said they knew where there was a party. And someone here mentioned Coast Guard in relation to cussing... and boy howdy.

So we went by the liquor store on the way and someone talked me into a bottle of cherry vodka. I was already three sheets to the wind by the time we arrived. Turns out it was a church party... but I didn't find out until after we got back to the ship and I'd slept it off. I DO remember the kids there giving me some strange looks before I went out on the front lawn and passed out after puking.

There was definitely no reading of the room involved. Never drank that much again... and never cherry vodka again.
One of my old rodeo traveling partners and I went out to party one Saturday night. Stopped at the liquor store and bought two bottles of Black Velvet. As I drove out of the parking lot he said, "I am going to do both of us a favor." He took the caps off both bottles and tossed them out the window. Oh, it was a tough night and the next morning wasn't much either.
We went to watch the movie J. W. Coop. There is a scene in that move where JW and Mirtis Dytman (sp a NFR black bull rider) beat up a couple guys in the rest room. They stuck these guys heads in the toilet and flushed it. After the movie we go to a dance. At one point we both go to the rest room. Dan says to me lets beat up the next guy who comes in and stick his head in the toilet just like the movie. Sounds like a great idea. About then the biggest toughest meanest man I have ever known walks in. He says what is up boys. Oh nothing Frank. Out the door we go. Our great idea went out the window.

When I was 9-10 I went salmon fishing with my grandpa a lot. We would catch a dogfish it seemed most times we went out. They are a small shark. Their sharp teeth would ruin the leader. This made Grandpa mad. He would take his frustration out on the dogfish with a marine combat knife cussing the whole time in Swedish. I learned to cuss in Swedish. I thought this was pretty cool. Somehow I forgot that my Dad couldn't speak a word of English when he started the first grade. Thirty years later he could still speak fluent Swedish. He didn't think me cussing in Swedish was at all cool. I quickly learned not to use those words. I wish I remembered them now. It would be cool to be able to cuss someone out and have them not understand a word I am saying.

I don't think there's anything wrong with cussing you just don't do it if the people around you don't like it. Same goes for drinking. I really enjoy a few beers everyday but, if I'm with friends that don't drink I don't drink...even if others are. Like Brute says you have to read the room.

It is funny how some folks cuss and it sounds normal and others cuss and it sounds bad or trashy. Not sure if it's their tone, attitude, or use of the words but for some people cussing doesn't sound bad to me.

When I was 9-10 I went salmon fishing with my grandpa a lot. We would catch a dogfish it seemed most times we went out. They are a small shark. Their sharp teeth would ruin the leader. This made Grandpa mad. He would take his frustration out on the dogfish with a marine combat knife cussing the whole time in Swedish. I learned to cuss in Swedish. I thought this was pretty cool. Somehow I forgot that my Dad couldn't speak a word of English when he started the first grade. Thirty years later he could still speak fluent Swedish. He didn't think me cussing in Swedish was at all cool. I quickly learned not to use those words. I wish I remembered them now. It would be cool to be able to cuss someone out and have them not understand a word I am saying.
In the Coast guard there were a lot of Filipinos so I earned to cuss in Tagalog. I still do... in my head.

I guess I've been cussed out in a dozen or so languages. Spanish, English, Cajun French, Vietnamese, Japanese, Mandarin, Jamaican, Kugo (Korean) but the bar girls in Olongapo the Philippines were in a class of their own and most carried those flip handle butterfly knives to back it up.

The military always had a bunch of acronyms for cussing like the aforementioned FUBAR as well as Charlie Foxtrot.
We had been into a hot LZ twice one morning, the first time in and out quick as we just dropped a sling load of 155, but the 2nd time were in a good bit longer as we landed & took on wounded & KIA S. Vietnamese troops and got shot up pretty good. We were going back in that afternoon and as we started our approach, the pilot came on over our headsets and said 'Alright, give it to em guys, BOHICA". Not a cuss word in it but we knew what it meant. Bend Over Here it Comes Again.

At Camp Butler Okinawa, a young Marine came down with VD and of course had to go to the base dispensary and see a Corpsman (Navy enlisted doctor) A report was mandatory to his immediate command and his CO pulled hiis liberty card and club pass & put him on 60 day restriction to barracks. When he got off restriction, he went back to the same bar where his previous association with the local indigenous population had started. After a few drinks, he spotted her at a table across the room, stood up and yelled "You no good %$#%% *&^$&(! You gave me the clap!"
She stood right up and just as defiantly and just as loud shot back:
"I give you nothing GI, You Buy!"

Latest posts