respect...

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
I posted this but it is not so for me as my parents never smacked me or my brothers, but we have a lot of respect for those that earn it, as respect is a two way street not something that is automatic. JIMO

Respect comes from raising your children right, not from the act of spanking. Much can be acheived by being around them, and to talk to them about how other people think and feel.
Todays children have to much things to play with and not enough grownups to turn to.

ANAZAZI":3jkty9qi said:
Respect comes from raising your children right, not from the act of spanking. Much can be acheived by being around them, and to talk to them about how other people think and feel.
Todays children have to much things to play with and not enough grownups to turn to.
I agree with you totally Anazazi, never had to raise a finger to any of mine, like my parents I found other ways to punish them if they needed it, and always spent time to listen and talk to them, and they still do come to me if they have a problem to talk about.

chrisy":1hkmujhw said:
ANAZAZI":1hkmujhw said:
I agree with you totally Anazazi, never had to raise a finger to any of mine, like my parents I found other ways to punish them if they needed it, and always spent time to listen and talk to them, and they still do come to me if they have a problem to talk about.

We went on the camp out last month. 27 kids there. I kept hearing about one that was going to be a problem. He came over nosing around asking questions about the fire pit. He heard about the vent, he heard about the barrel, he heard about the grate. Put that kid to work digging. Then put him to work stacking wood. Put him to work with lantern hangers. Then lanterns. We had long talks. We drug out the battery and inverter then hooked up the big ice cream maker. Put in the ice, salt and ingredients. We laid out the smores fixins. That boy was an angel the whole night.

Everyone was asking what I did to calm him down. I didn't do diddly except answer the boys questions. He was extrememly respectful through it all. Helpful. Watched over things at times. Served ice cream cups to everyone there after we dipped them. The next day his mother was beaming when everyone talked about his behavior. He did not bully a single kid.

that's it bhb all he needed was someone to listen to him and answer him and be kind.
I have read on here how people have said their Dad's have whipped them with belts and pieces of wood and said it did them no harm, maybe it didn't but I feel more comes out of things when something is denied them than a smack..as a few minutes of pain solves nothing only giving them the thought that that is how you can deal with anything, a fist a knife or even a gun. not saying anyone on here did do anything like that but it happens. Proverbs 13:24 springs to mind!!

Latest posts