Need Some Help.. Cow Nose Bleed

Help Support CattleToday:

SFFarms

Reaction score
:help: With cows ever notice when it rains it poors? Well i was checking on a bull tonight with bad footrot when i see this cow bleeding from the nose.. :shock: Well last Wednesday she was bleeding from just one nostril and i figured she got into some thorns and cut it. Well tonight she is bleeding from both nostrils pretty good. I have never had this problem before and i was wondering do i have a major problem here or what to i do? I really dont have a clue what cause her to bleed. :help:

I have had them break there nose by running into the catch pen before. Is it possible that she ran into something?

Sometimes they can be caused by pulmonary (lung) abcesses... I don't think there's any treatment, but I'm not positive on that. Has she had pneumonia in the past?

milkmaid":80xnatec said:
Sometimes they can be caused by pulmonary (lung) abcesses... I don't think there's any treatment, but I'm not positive on that. Has she had pneumonia in the past?
I dont think she has ran into anything, these cows run on about 50 acres and have never been vacinated just ivermecd in spring and fall. Of what i know she has never had pneumonia but i did a little research and she is having tough time breathing, but i havent seen any mucus just blood. By the heavy breathing makes me worry because it has something to do with her lungs. :( And she is also rasing a 3 week bull calf at side :frowns: I was going to treat the bull with footrot myself but i might have the vet come out and look at her to.

Anymore explanations i would be much greatful.
SFF

call the vet , about 30 years ago I had a show dog that started same symptoms and they diagnosed it as a strain of anemia , good luck with her