Bought some wangus

Help Support CattleToday:

What are wangus? Wagyu x Angus ?
After the calves are settled in to their new home, I'd make sure the calves are up to date on vaccinations. Did you receive paperwork (shot sheet) on the calves?

Probably not a herd builder if all those boys are steers .🤔 But probably a money maker if you feed them out and get the big bucks 💰 .

How old are they? I have two that are 3 months now, and bred two angus for next year. Want to see how the first two do before I jump in any deeper. Definitely different.

I finally bit the bullet and bought 8 wangus calves. All about 500# 5 steers and 3 heifers. Just crazy excited :)View attachment 38337
Congratulations f1 Wagyu produces some pretty high quality steak, probably won't get much above prime but if you feed them out right you will get at least prime or a little better.
As the percentage of Wagyu gets higher such as f2 f3 and F4 you will begin to get the higher grades such as a BMS of 7,8,9 etc. Depending on your feed and length of time !!!! You should be able to hang at 800 lb plus in. 18 months.

What we have found is that not all Wagyu is excellent but it's still far above average.

What are wangus? Wagyu x Angus ?
After the calves are settled in to their new home, I'd make sure the calves are up to date on vaccinations. Did you receive paperwork (shot sheet) on the calves?
Yup I got all the paperwork that they are good to go. Prob just do a little dewormer along the way

Latest posts