Getting some snow

Help Support CattleToday:

Do the magnetic heaters work very well? We don't usually need them here but I have an older tractor that won't start when it's cold and would like to have a block heater on it.
I don't really know, but I have been told they do. This morning it was zero out, and the tractor started right up. I guess my block heater is working. I have been thinking of get one of those magnetic heater and putting it on the oil pan for those extremally old day like the last two.

I have been thinking of get one of those magnetic heater and putting it on the oil pan for those extremally old day like the last two.
I bought a magnetic one last year and put a 20 degree cube on it and it works good. I think almost better than the block heater.

I'll trade that iced over water trough for our 30 inches of snow. -30 windchill, and 60 mph gusts. Drifts are 10 to 12 FEET tall and supposed to keep growing until tomorrow. Many roads are drifted shut and aren't being plowed because visibility is near zero. Took me 45 minutes to drive 7 miles to the cows saying some prayers that I was even on the road.

I don't really know, but I have been told they do. This morning it was zero out, and the tractor started right up. I guess my block heater is working. I have been thinking of get one of those magnetic heater and putting it on the oil pan for those extremally old day like the last two.
I have one of those oil pan heaters. I looked for it last week and couldn't find it. I will probably run across it in July. My smaller tractor has a glow plug and starts in our weather. The bigger tractor really just needs new batteries.

chevytahoe674, have you tried a skid steer mounted snow blower before? In my head it would work better than a bucket to get through that much snow. I can't imagine that much snow in one system, has got to make everything a pain in the butt.

One year nephew spent "forever" moving snow with our bucket - some areas MOVING it 1 bucket at a time (couldn't push). I splurged and bought a 7' double auger snow blower. It is AWESOME!!! Let it snow!!
Actually, after the dealer delivered it, we hooked it up to the tractor to move it where we wanted to store it. NEVER hooked it up again all that winter. The dealer called me and said if we could have that kind of year after I purchased a snow blower, he would give me a great deal EVERY year!

Have a 8.5' 3pt blower but would rather a SS mounted unit but they are too costly for my blood. Its currently on a tractor at the 2nd away farm where half the herd still remains. With a big enough tractor or skid steer you can plow thru a lot of snow with a bucket.
20221222_111616.jpg

Official word is just a hair over 40" of snow from this blizzard and just a few inches shy of 100" of snow for the season and it isn't January yet.