Help

Help Support CattleToday:

In the box where you make the post at the top mine shows a row of symbols.
About middle ways is a symbol that's a square like a tv screen. Click on it and it opens a little tab that says drop image or click here. Click on click here and it opens another tab towards the bottom of the screen with different options to take a picture or go to your picture files. Click on photo library and select your photo.
Thats how I post pictures with an iPhone.
I might try that way KY, didn't know that, thanks.

Ken

Ok I've posted 2 pics and a video now that I have done that if u can actually see them I need advice on what could be going on with this baby's legs we took her to the vet but no help there I'm at a loss
Please let me know if u can or can't see the pics please

How old is it? How long has it been like this. Dislocated hip or high up fracture are things I'd be thinking about. Can you tip it onto its back and stretch the legs out the back and compare the lengths?

Ken

How old is it? How long has it been like this. Dislocated hip or high up fracture are things I'd be thinking about. Can you tip it onto its back and stretch the legs out the back and compare the lengths?

Ken
She's 3 months and I haven't done that with her legs I will try the vet took ex rays and said she didn't see any fractures but this lady wasn't that bright either

I agree with @wbvs58 that it looks like a fracture or dislocation in the video. But not showing up on the x-ray? Hmmmm. Did you talk to your vet about selenium? Vaccination protocol? Did this just start? Still nursing or a bottle calf? Temp normal? Any other symptoms?

I agree with @wbvs58 that it looks like a fracture or dislocation in the video. But not showing up on the x-ray? Hmmmm. Did you talk to your vet about selenium? Vaccination protocol? Did this just start? Still nursing or a bottle calf? Temp normal? Any other symptoms?
No everything else is good it's been 3 weeks and yes I did talk to the vet but she isn't the brightest bulb in the box molly is my babies name she is a bottle calf I know they checked some fluid in her leg I think to make sure she didn't have any kind of infection and that came back clear and I mean the vet took so many x-rays but she couldn't see anything and I mean if it was dislocated you would think that she would have at least felt that right I don't know I'm just at a loss and I think my baby is starting to get a wee bit depressed because she can't be active with all the other babies

You should use the attach files button to post pictures.

At 3 months, it could be a dislocation... but if the calf was borderline for some mineral/vitamin, it could be showing up if she even got bumped or shoved by another calf in play. I would not hesitate to try some serious vitamin therapy... Vit E and selenium... and Vit A & D...
Or go to something like Multi-Min which you have to get from a vet...
There is no telling why one animal might be lacking or short on a certain vitamin or mineral.... and others aren't... like people, some may utilize their feed and supplementation better than others. I am outside alot, yet blood work showed way low in Vit. D3.... go figure...
Vitamins will not hurt unless you overdose way beyond what is called for, and toxic reactions are few and far between... But if even if you are not in a selenium deficient area... she might be lacking... and some work better together than separate..
I think @TCRanch showed a chart once about selenium deficient areas in the county...

Clink on this button. When it opens click on drop image. It will take you to your photo gallery and just click on the picture you want to post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240218_170342_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240218_170342_Chrome.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 3
Xrays are just 2 dimensional, a dislocation of the hip can often look normal on one view as the ball can overlay where it is supposed to be on one view and appear normal. It seems to be acutely lame in that rt leg so looks to me like a major injury but I am looking from the other side of the world. Generally a dislocation will have one leg noticeably shorter than the other when the animal is square on its back and the legs are stetched out behind, obviously you need help to do this.

Ken

@farmerjan I'll be darned if I can find it now. @chelle1411 is further northeast of me and may be in a selenium deficient area.

@chelle1411 you mentioned fluid. Did your vet say anything about possible joint ill or mycoplasma? Have you checked the hoof to make sure there's nothing embedded in between the toes or in the hoof? Who knows; it could just be an injury. You don't seem to have a lot of confidence in your vet but right now, he/she is your best resource.

Latest posts