Need some advice about the yellow dog

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
The yellow dog (lab) got herself involved with some kind of tar or grease or something black. This crap is stuck on her back, not a ton, like 5 quarter sized spots. I have tried everything to get them off and nothing is working and they aren't wearing off.(it's been about 2 weeks)

Any ideas on how to remove that junk?

If it's just the hair you could shave those areas and the hair should grow back fairly quickly. If it's in the skin I don't know what to tell you. Wife is working late. I'll see what she says when she gets home. She's the dog expert here. ;-)

ive heard something about petrolium jelly, so you might try that (rub it in) or peanutbutter....but havent used either. or dawn dish soap.

Scissors or clippers would be my first choice. If the hair is too short or it's down to the skin, then I would try Dawn dish soap, vegetable oil or baby oil. If none of those work, Simple Green, laundry detergent, fingernail polish remover, even WD40 or something along those lines. Just make sure and wash any "solvents" you try off of the dog's skin as soon as possible.

Hmmmmmm......... So now its "the dog"? :roll:
Fess up, Sweets ~ what'd ya get into this time? :help:

Perhaps it's black silicone gasket sealant. Greasy, slimy, nasty, sticky stuff it is. Still have a bit under my cuticles. Glad my tri-color dog doesn't get into that kind of thing.

angie":3lwgq9r3 said:
Hmmmmmm......... So now its "the dog"? :roll:
Fess up, Sweets ~ what'd ya get into this time? :help:

Awww shut up would ya! I got the grease from the neighbors hay rake off just fine thank you very much. :D

This stuff isn't grease it's hard, like tar. I'm thinking either shave or clip it off or tell folks I got a dalmation of sorts and see how long it lasts.

How about some of the petroleum based tar removers for cars? Just make sure you wash the snot out of the area with a good soap and probably rub in some moisturizing lotion afterwards

I would suggest that you try "tea tree oil" ( you can pick it up at the health food store)
It is gentle on the skin, yet very effective. Simply rub the oil into the gunky spot and wipe with an old (dry) wash cloth.
You may have to repeat the process if it is really clumped in there. Good luck!

Heck if it ain't rubbin off on stuff leave her alone and eventually it will wear off. My yellow Lab bytch has had a blk spot on her butt for 3 weeks. I am kinda curious on how long it will take to wear off.

Latest posts