Need help on pricing pregnant cows & pairs

Help Support CattleToday:

rgv":201synh3 said:
Hey Dun -

Shhhhhh -

Don't give up the best kept secert around these parts.

Hope you aren;t planning on going to Wright County tomorrow

dun

Thank you all for the replies and the information. I appreciate it and it really makes me think about what I am doing. Sure dont want to get soaked if prices come down in two years. Ugh!

Wish I wouldn't have been daydreaming the other day at the sale. They had 2 herefords go through 3rd period at 550.00 bred to a black bull. Havent seen any more of those cheap cows though. Been looking and most everthing brings 1000.00 - 1300.00 unless they are B.M. JHH

Dun, do you sell/buy at Wright Co.? I sold there a week or two ago. They screwed up and listed one of my steers as a heifer on my check. I called them about the problem and they said no way could that happen as a buyer sure would have brought it to their attention that they got a steer instead of a heifer, I thought yea right. Said the calves had already been shipped out west so no way they could check it out anyway.

I'm less than 30 minutes from the Wright County auction, drop by sometime on your way through.

Do you ever go to West Plains? Have sure gotten better prices there.

J

EIEIO":3qe6hv3k said:
Dun, do you sell/buy at Wright Co.? I sold there a week or two ago. They screwed up and listed one of my steers as a heifer on my check. I called them about the problem and they said no way could that happen as a buyer sure would have brought it to their attention that they got a steer instead of a heifer, I thought yea right. Said the calves had already been shipped out west so no way they could check it out anyway.

I'm less than 30 minutes from the Wright County auction, drop by sometime on your way through.

Do you ever go to West Plains? Have sure gotten better prices there.

J

Rarely go to Wright county, only went to west plains once when friends of ours sold out the Gelbvieh herd. Only going to the sale tomorrow because of the Herefords

If I have to haul anything to the sale it's either Springfiled or lately Lebanon.

dun

rgv":2my5bubg said:
Hey Dun -

Shhhhhh -

Don't give up the best kept secert around these parts.
No doubt, it's not a secret anymore...Talk about a crowd at the Barn yesterday. Standing room only for the late arrivals. Ask Tom4018.

Utah, Where are you planning on buying from? The Smithfield, UT auction? I wasnt impressed last time I was there.

Our neighbor has bought some bred cows in the past couple months.....they paid $1000 a head from a local farmer. Bred cow/calf pairs are going around $1500 or so. Calves up to 600 lbs are going for $1.25 (at least that's what it was at our county stockyard this morning).

I'm in southern ID.

Latest posts