Name that breed!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Carnivore

Reaction score
Okay, any ideas on what kind of cow this is?

P1210011.JPG

She is blonder than the photo shows.

Well from everything I have read on here by Mike C, I guess it must be an Angus. :lol:

Maybe some kind of Pied cross?

xbred":dvds101w said:
a very poorly bred charolais herford cross..probably bred too young...
Really? What do you not like about her. I'm kind of new to cattle and love to learn.

We have one that is younger than that...colored and marked like that...but not really built like that. We, and several other folks, tend to like her...a lot! :D

100_1216.jpg

Alice

Char X Herf
Char X Simmy
Blonde d Aquetaine X Herf
Herf X Galloway
or some combination thereof.

xbred, what's wrong with that cow? Color is color, but making a remark llike that is very uneducated and unecessary.

ENNOT":1e7ftjre said:
xbred, what's wrong with that cow? Color is color, but making a remark llike that is very uneducated and unecessary.

And his first post too! He is off to a great start.

Albino black hereford!

Looks like a charlais x hereford, but it can't be that simple. I'd be happy to have her based on looks, even if she does have charlais in her. :lol:

cfpinz

I would also say Charolais X hereford, because she looks like a very moderate frame. I have seen simmentals in the UK that looks very similar to that, even the blonde colour!

As far as phenotype goes, she is very acceptable as a commercial cow and I can't see any reason why she shouldn't raise a good calf every year. That is all that is asked of a commercial cow in my opinion.

cfpinz":1p7bjkn2 said:
Albino black hereford!

Looks like a charlais x hereford, but it can't be that simple. I'd be happy to have her based on looks, even if she does have charlais in her. :lol:

cfpinz
:lol: :lol: :lol:
charford

Char x Simm
We have some that look just like that, you can't guess what color the calves might come out year to year.

Looks like all of the other Charolais x Hereford crosses that I've had and seen. I certainly don't see anything wrong with her. Where did the "very poorly bred" and "probably bred too young" statements come from? Thst seems very unfounded.

Because of the grey apperence of the legs I am going to say it is the product of a herf/char cow and a black bull (obviously heterozygous black). The funny thing is if the legs are grey and the face is white there is some other breed in the mix. It could be the picture quality that makes the legs look grey.

Latest posts