Most Useless Tip of the Day

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime

Reaction score
If you're in the woods and step on a yellow jacket nest, remember to hold your breath while you're running from them because they can home in on the carbon dioxide that you exhale.

Wouldn;t the swearing, whining and crying have about the affect as breathing

dun":n3vuhhfl said:
Wouldn;t the swearing, whining and crying have about the affect as breathing

You bet cause you ain't never had just one of those little B******d's get you. Thank goodness they don't cover you up like fire ants and wait for the one that blows the bugle to start inflicting pain.

I can't stand those things. I can't run as fast as I used too not that it really ever mattered but for some reason it gave me some assurance.

Discovered today that if you cut up some green wood (oak leastways because thats what I was cutting firewood length) yellow jackets will rapidly congregate to the woodpile. I suppose to drink from the sap.

Sweat bee's can't sting you if you hold your breath, never tried it on yellow jackets, too busy running like hello.

kenny thomas":1ys0cmoc said:
I would call BS on the sweat bee's curtis, but it is too cold to prove it this year. :lol:

Not BS Kenny, they can't sting you. Try it next spring .. summer.

kenny thomas":2h5va2xi said:
My grandpaw always told us they would not sting a man if he was working. I think it was just his way to keep us busy. :)

They might not but a dang red wasp doesn't need a reason. Opened the feed room door one time got stung seven times before I could get my butt out of there. They had built a nest about the size of the bottom of a ten quart bucket. I went to looking for a broom and gasoline wife ask what I was doing I said I was fixing to burn the red devils to death. Then in her sarcastic way she said why don't you spray them with wasp and hornet spray. I replied because it's in the feed room, that's what I was going after to kill another nest on the front porch when I got ambushed.

Caustic Burno":axpkxmg7 said:
kenny thomas":axpkxmg7 said:
My grandpaw always told us they would not sting a man if he was working. I think it was just his way to keep us busy. :)

They might not but a dang red wasp doesn't need a reason. Opened the feed room door one time got stung seven times before I could get my butt out of there. They had built a nest about the size of the bottom of a ten quart bucket. I went to looking for a broom and gasoline wife ask what I was doing I said I was fixing to burn the red devils to death. Then in her sarcastic way she said why don't you spray them with wasp and hornet spray. I replied because it's in the feed room, that's what I was going after to kill another nest on the front porch when I got ambushed.
Soapy water is better than gas, it's great.

Jogeephus":2l3o02d9 said:
I can't stand those things. I can't run as fast as I used too not that it really ever mattered but for some reason it gave me some assurance.
True, they can't be outrun but if you can get 200-300 yards away from the nest most of them will give up the chase and go back home. :D

ga.prime - Love the new avatar. How did you find a pic of that guy with his mouth (almost) closed?

Get them at night with the fly spray they don't fly at night .use a torch . Thats the human advantage!
Lighted swatch on a stick works well too at night -they won''t fly

tytower":197p3eb3 said:
Get them at night with the fly spray they don't fly at night .use a torch . Thats the human advantage!
Normally they don't fly at night. If you step on their hole at night they will fly out of it. I found that out when I was looking for their hole with a flashlight in one hand a can of gas in the other and stepped on it.

ga.prime":1olfqbt2 said:
tytower":1olfqbt2 said:
Normally they don't fly at night. If you step on their hole at night they will fly out of it. I found that out when I was looking for their hole with a flashlight in one hand a can of gas in the other and stepped on it.
:lol2: Okay sorry, it just sounded exactly like something I would do......

MistyMorning":17uh4m2i said:
ga.prime":17uh4m2i said:
tytower":17uh4m2i said:
:lol2: Okay sorry, it just sounded exactly like something I would do......
:lol2: Hard to get traction on pine straw too. I fell and lost my glasses on the run back to the truck.

Thought of this thread yesterday when I was mowing. Sure am glad a brown tree cutter has rear discarge cause it sent them the other direction.

Latest posts