More Video of the Oregon Shooting Emerges

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7":2jokjytj said:
It's funny to me that a drug dealer and a stripper can amass 1 billion wealth in the USA but yet hate and protest the American way
Blows my dam mind

Well, they don't have a clue what adversity, hunger or real discrimination is.

Compare them to these people:
http://kfor.com/2016/02/29/legacy-unvei ... e-junkman/

Those people faced discrimination. They built a neighborhood for black people, but notice that the housing wasn't free. They offered people the opportunity to buy a house (some of which they financed to get it done), not live on someone else's taxes.

And when faced with a lack of access to appropriate care, they didn't cry around and talk about moving to another country. They built a hospital to treat everyone.

Wonder what you could do with a billion dollars if you really cared about how people were being treated or if you thought the system wasn't fair?

Cross-7":3ebllj8v said:
It's funny to me that a drug dealer and a stripper can amass 1 billion wealth in the USA but yet hate and protest the American way
Blows my dam mind

As mind blowing as that is... what really blows my mind is the large percentage of population that continues to support them by purchasing their gear. Try and wrap your head around that for a second. :???:

They fund black lives matter while making songs about thug life, drugs, crime then complain about the exploitation of black people :dunce:

Cross-7":1e087xzm said:
They fund black lives matter while making songs about thug life, drugs, crime then complain about the exploitation of black people :dunce:

Some folks will do anything for a dollar. And get away with it.

I see where Lavoy's widow is suing the Oregon State Police and the FBI for wrongful death in the shooting of her husband. One of the things in the article state that he was shot multiple times all in the back. If one of those bullet holes is on his left side where he was supposedly reaching for a gun..... she will have a case.

Cross-7":1t8na2c4 said:
Blows my dam mind
Amazes me that people will pay money for their shows, merchandise, etc. I guess as long a the pubic pays no way to keep them from becoming wealthy.

Dave":d9k0j1bv said:
I see where Lavoy's widow is suing the Oregon State Police and the FBI for wrongful death in the shooting of her husband. One of the things in the article state that he was shot multiple times all in the back. If one of those bullet holes is on his left side where he was supposedly reaching for a gun..... she will have a case.
Haven't seen that yet, Dave, but not surprised. Somewhere in this thread there's a link to the autopsy report. He was back-shot -- there were two officers below him, and one above -- a long triangular situation. From either direction, LE people were at risk, when he made the "furtive movements" inside his jacket. As he spun, he made a target of his back. That suggests to me . . . they didn't engage him head-on because they gave him a chance. About those FBI guys shooting into the truck, don't know about them. But the guys that killed him were Oregon State troopers -- 3 shots, and the shots did killing damage. There was a loaded gun in Lavoy's pocket. That would be in line with what Lavoy had to say ahead of the incident -- but going to a meeting 50 miles away, he probably wouldn't have carried his big revolver side-arm.

And yep, they planned to stop that caravan, and likely at the best place they could catch them. It was known they were headed to another county's jurisidiction, they thought might be friendlier. LaVoy didn't decide that at the last minute at the first stop -- that's where they were headed. The folks in the Jeep quit at the first stop, and no one got hurt. Lavoy blew through it after many minuties of discussion about it. Indictments had been filed and warrants were out. Usually, "warrants out" aren't published ahead of time. Duhhhh. LE didn't want a shoot-out at the encampment at the reserve. Daaam right, they "planned" a catch-them along the highway. But Lavoy wasn't smart. He didn't stop and stay at the first road block. Nope. He chose to continue on, endangering himself and those with him, probably thinking that the "tollerance" would continue for the group's total disregard of fed controlled property, the disruption to the local community, the complete disregard for the local Natives' concernss, the operation of the the reserve (including going through and pilferring the records and shytting in trenches), and the folks that needed access (legally) to their cattle and grazing rights, while he drove the group to whine to another county sheriff that had no jurisdiction. Yep, Lavoy was a fine man, but not a bright guy that day. I hope the Bundys take their share of blame for this.

A lawyer friend told me today, that it would probably be settled out of court. That even an ambulance chaser could put a convincing spin the story. 3 shots in the back. Shots fired at him with his hands up. Covering up shots that were fired. As lawsuits go, he said this one was low hanging fruit.

There is no such thing as a fair fight, it's a fight
But you don't take cheap shots

To shoot a man in the back ?
Nothing lower in my opinion

Kathie in Thorp":1imstr0r said:
Dave":1imstr0r said:
Haven't seen that yet, Dave, but not surprised. Somewhere in this thread there's a link to the autopsy report. He was back-shot -- there were two officers below him, and one above -- a long triangular situation. From either direction, LE people were at risk, when he made the "furtive movements" inside his jacket. As he spun, he made a target of his back. That suggests to me . . . they didn't engage him head-on because they gave him a chance. About those FBI guys shooting into the truck, don't know about them. But the guys that killed him were Oregon State troopers -- 3 shots, and the shots did killing damage. There was a loaded gun in Lavoy's pocket. That would be in line with what Lavoy had to say ahead of the incident -- but going to a meeting 50 miles away, he probably wouldn't have carried his big revolver side-arm.

And yep, they planned to stop that caravan, and likely at the best place they could catch them. It was known they were headed to another county's jurisidiction, they thought might be friendlier. LaVoy didn't decide that at the last minute at the first stop -- that's where they were headed. The folks in the Jeep quit at the first stop, and no one got hurt. Lavoy blew through it after many minuties of discussion about it. Indictments had been filed and warrants were out. Usually, "warrants out" aren't published ahead of time. Duhhhh. LE didn't want a shoot-out at the encampment at the reserve. Daaam right, they "planned" a catch-them along the highway. But Lavoy wasn't smart. He didn't stop and stay at the first road block. Nope. He chose to continue on, endangering himself and those with him, probably thinking that the "tollerance" would continue for the group's total disregard of fed controlled property, the disruption to the local community, the complete disregard for the local Natives' concernss, the operation of the the reserve (including going through and pilferring the records and shytting in trenches), and the folks that needed access (legally) to their cattle and grazing rights, while he drove the group to whine to another county sheriff that had no jurisdiction. Yep, Lavoy was a fine man, but not a bright guy that day. I hope the Bundys take their share of blame for this.

It should make no difference what LE had planed or who the people were in the car, LE is not the judge and jury. LE are there to serve and protect every one until such time as a Judge and jury have made a decision.

1wlimo":109qfhcx said:
Kathie in Thorp":109qfhcx said:
Dave":109qfhcx said:

It should make no difference what LE had planed or who the people were in the car, LE is not the judge and jury. LE are there to serve and protect every one until such time as a Judge and jury have made a decision.
LE was there to serve warrants and arrest people, in the safest place possible to do so. Not up to the law-breakers to pick and chose the place for that to happen. Judge and jury happen after the arrests.

Bigfoot":35bp9k6s said:
A lawyer friend told me today, that it would probably be settled out of court. That even an ambulance chaser could put a convincing spin the story. 3 shots in the back. Shots fired at him with his hands up. Covering up shots that were fired. As lawsuits go, he said this one was low hanging fruit.

Lots and lots of lawsuits with cities and county jurisdictions coughing up millions of $$ to cover up for their officers-- seems like a new one every month. At some point, hopefully, the taxpayer will get tired of it, and insist on legislation to start making the officers themselves pay for it--or at least take it out of that dept's budget.

I'm sure cell phone coverage is spotty in that part of the world. Do yall think it was coincidence there wasn't any service in that area?

The ex FBI agent had also said that "there was no standby ambulance. Another protocol they follow when they do not expect to have a survivor."
My understanding was that in the first stop, they only asked for the one man. They did not ask anything of Lavoy.
I believe that they wanted him to drive on to the ambush, so they could kill him.
It went down as planed. Premeditated murder!

LRTX1":9g9p7d0r said:
I'm sure cell phone coverage is spotty in that part of the world. Do yall think it was coincidence there wasn't any service in that area?

No cell coverage is very, very normal in that type of area, as well as my type of area. I don't think there's anything funny there.

When I first watched the synced video I sure thought it looked like he was shot in the back and to me his arms were always extended, he never went toward a gun. I'm part of the group that feel he was shot down in cold blood by leo.

LRTX1":2z5c9z7x said:

I would be shocked if there were cell coverage in that area. It is 70 miles from Burns to John Day with maybe half a dozen scattered ranches in between the two. The only "town" between the two is Seneca which has a population of less than 50 people (one of my old buddies from college has a ranch there). But what it lacks in people it makes up in ridges and mountains that would stop a cell signal.
When the wife had her ranch down south of Buns she had satellite phone. It was the only thing that would work there.

To those that think that the state police planned on killing him: Why would they want to do that? What was the benefit? Was there a meeting beforehand devising this plan? I love a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but this one really doesn't make any sense. Plus a real conspiracy can't involve more than a couple people. This one would require dozens of people from different departments and branches of law enforcement, there is no way everyone would be on board with the plan and not one of them would go public. But as has been stated before; people will believe whatever they want to believe despite facts or evidence to the contrary.

I think Lavoy was probably a decent guy standing up for what he thought was right. But I think he realized that he would be spending quite a bit of time in prison when the takeover ended, a place he said he wouldn't go. I do believe he feigned going to his gun, but he would have never have actually pulled it out, I don't think he wanted to be remembered that way. But I do believe he wanted to die that day when he realized his days of freedom were over. It's a sad deal all the way around.

I don't know that they planned to kill Lavoy, as in premeditated. But there certainly was a lot of planning that went into the stop. They were up ahead of them to start with. This is single North/South road that runs for miles with no other access. They didn't zoom ahead and set up the road block. There is no way possible to do that. Judging from the fact that they were still in Harney county and from the pictures of the incident area, I would put them about 20-25 miles North of Burns. They are in an area where there would be absolutely no witnesses. That time of the year you could drive the 70 miles from Burns to John Day and not pass another vehicle. So I don't know that they "planned " to shoot him but they most certainly had a well laid out plan on how they were going to confront them. And you can bet the possibility for gun play was discussed.

I agree 100% with you. To do otherwise would have been reckless.

Latest posts