Mix 30 Tubs in Virginia

Help Support CattleToday:

32Paws

Reaction score
I have been trying to find a place to purchase Mix 30 Tubs in Virginia or online and am not having any luck. Any suggestions? I hear its really good for the cattle during the winter.

The only mix30 I know of is delivered wet pumped into your tank. I just used regia;r 150 gal water tanks

I've been thinking of using some open some replacement heifers this winter. What's your opinions on the product I have a guy that's only 30 miles away that sells it. I called and talked to him the other day he said it was around $300 for 275 gallons, I was hoping it was cheaper but don't mind paying up if it's worth it. And how do most feed it open container or lick wheel.
Sorry for the hijack.

we keep it out all the time, its a really good product. It's 16% protein, has a lot of fat for energy. I think it's worth the money, just dump it in a water trough let them have it, rain doesn't hurt it. At first they will eat quite a bit but will slow way after they get what they need. I highly recommend it.

rollinhills":raoj70ea said:
we keep it out all the time, its a really good product. It's 16% protein, has a lot of fat for energy. I think it's worth the money, just dump it in a water trough let them have it, rain doesn't hurt it. At first they will eat quite a bit but will slow way after they get what they need. I highly recommend it.
We fed it in open tanks. Liked it. Only issue we had was dragging dead possums out of it every few days. The guys that did it around here are out of business so it isn;t an option anymore.

We had it out pretty much year round. We'd still be feeding it if there were any dealers around that sold it. :( We are stuck with Purina now; best product out there, but expensive enough we have to feed it...strategically.

I am using a QLF product and the girls really like it! Right after sunup, wherever they bedded down, up they come to get a treat. I don't have but 32 girls and ole Herford bullie and they take turns getting "liquored up" and off they go. Just before sunset they make another round to the tank and ease off for the night. A 280 gal tub lasts about 7 to 10 weeks. I started it last year to supplement the 20% protein cubes (100 lbs) I give them every other day or so. My stocking rate is pretty lax so I havn't done hay (as of yet). Body condition score was 6 or better throughout the winter months and they stayed healthy and had I good spring calf crop (my 2nd) 31 calves, 1 herford bull and one freeloader. The freeloader had a good healthy calf last year but nothing this year. Can't figure that out though. She and bully with rub on each other but no mounting. Will probably take her to the sale barn in the near future.

ricebeltrancher":24hjq97u said:
We had it out pretty much year round. We'd still be feeding it if there were any dealers around that sold it. :( We are stuck with Purina now; best product out there, but expensive enough we have to feed it...strategically.
I would have thought Westway would have had dealers all around your part of the state. They're plant is in Tomball.

Latest posts