Anudder day in Paradise

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm curious as to what it says on your dash about trailer something? Looks like wrote in sharpie!
It's actually in tag pen. Drove away from the loading chute last spring with five two year old bulls on for turn out. Got down the road five miles and had a swinging trailer door and only 3 bulls left. Had the displeasure of shooting 2 $7000 bulls with broken backs.

It's actually in tag pen. Drove away from the loading chute last spring with five two year old bulls on for turn out. Got down the road five miles and had a swinging trailer door and only 3 bulls left. Had the displeasure of shooting 2 $7000 bulls with broken backs.
I figured it was something like that.

I was on the tractor bringing a couple bales down to the cows the other day. As I passed my house. I saw my wife and dog on the porch, as the sun was low in the sky, I thought to myself...... man I did it.

Come a long way from being born a poor white boy on the south side of Chicago across from the Ford plant.

I wanted to say it again, it needed to be said again!
Just another day in paradise.....

We really do, those of us that are retired or at least not having to report to a "9-5 " I understand wanting to work because its something to do but there is always something to do around here. Im to busy to go back to work.

We really do, those of us that are retired or at least not having to report to a "9-5 " I understand wanting to work because its something to do but there is always something to do around here. Im to busy to go back to work.
Only reason someone would want to ranch is because they are too lazy to work and too honest to steal.

Only reason someone would want to ranch is because they are too lazy to work and too honest to steal.

Come on, teachers are off every summer...

Military is off a month/yr plus....

Slackers!

I do something everyday, may be only a couple hours a day, Lol... I'm the laziest farmer ever! My wife is the laziest gardener ever! We often joke as we sip coffee in bed. Together we make it happen.... or not.

I am better than I deserve (I thank Dave Ramsey for that saying) and full of graditude for all I have. The way I grew up, I never thought life could be so sweet.

I have often heard that quote about rodeo cowboys. Especially the too lazy to work. I have met a few who were not too honest to steal.
My uncle rodeoed with a guy that had a contract with the government to count butterflies or grasshoppers. I don't remember witch. Where ever there was a rodeo is where he could do his count.

Living the dream
Me too.
I worked hard but enjoyed most of it a lot.
I hate getting older because I'm slowing down, I can't do what I use to.
I thought I was raised poor until I started dating my wife, we were rich compared to them.
We worked hard and it paid off.
I'm sitting in cardiologist office this morning getting checked out.
Never would've thought this when I was a youngster.

Referring back to gcreekrch note on his dash:
I once raised Duroc hogs in an old ramshackle barn well over 40 years ago. The barn was at the top of a hill accessed by a rocky and steep road.
I asked my dad to help me load some sows I was taking to the stockyards. I knew it would not be easy to get them in the back of my old pickup.
After an hour of hog squeals and our yelling at each other, we finally got them to load and slid shut the wooden truck rack gate.
In our elation at getting them in the truck, we failed to tie the gate shut with hay string.
When I stopped at the base of the hill before pulling out on the state road, I looked back in my mirror to see the sows calmly walking out of the truck bed. The tires were in a low spot and the tailgate nearly even with the road. The rough road had caused the sliding gate to open.
I was truly living the dream, or nightmare.

Latest posts