Minute Steak

Help Support CattleToday:

Jake

Reaction score
Anybody got any good recipes? We've tried everything we can think of to get some of it used up but it just takes so much to get it tender was wondering if anybody had any advice.

Jake":11ijo9ik said:
Anybody got any good recipes? We've tried everything we can think of to get some of it used up but it just takes so much to get it tender was wondering if anybody had any advice.

Jake - wife just grinds it into burger. If not she feeds it to the dogs. Cheaper than buying dog food.

Bez

You've probably already done this, but here's how we cook it:

Dredge it in a flour and spice mix, then sear it on both sides in a frying pan with a little bacon grease so it doesn't stick.

After its brown, put it in a baking dish and cover with a mixture of one can cream of mushroom soup and one can of milk. Cover dish, and bake for at least an hour at 350 degrees, 2 hours is better, 3 is perfect.

I know, I know it takes a while, but it does get awfully tender this way, plus you've got a nice gravy to go on top of your fresh mashed taters and sweet corn! :D :D

We do our deer steaks this way, only we put them in a crock pot all day instead of the oven.

You've probably done this as well... my wife uses a "little" adolph's meat tenderizer and then salt and pepper and pan frys them with a little bacon grease.

When the meat is done she takes a little water and cornstarch or flour and makes a gravy with what's left in the bottom of the pan.

4/5 of my household is at least 1/4 filipino so we have rice with at least 3 meals a week.

Another option:

1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Red Wine
1 Tblsp Lemon Juice
3 Cloves Garlic
(mix together)

Seasonings of your choice-- I use KC Masterpiece's Montreal Steak Seasoning.-- use this a kind of a dry rub

(pour marinade over meat)

Marinate for at least 4 hours --- overnight is better.

Fire up the grill. Pat the meat dry before putting on the fire. Grill to desired doneness.

As exotic as I get is to cook a mess of onions in bacon grease, pull them out of the pan and brown the meat. Dump in some worchesire sauce and over a low heat dump the onions back on top of the meat and simmer covered for a little while.

dun

put them in itailan dressing overnight in the fridge then grill as slow as you can the next day adding black pepper right before grilling

Our butcher runs them through the tenderizer and we fix them a number of ways all are good...in fact we run all the rounds through the tenderizer and have had no problems

Well, I see that only one Texan has chimed in on this very important subject, and very briefly at that. To me, it seems almost sacrilegious to speak of eating something cut from the round without paying proper tribute to chicken fried steak with cream gravy. Preferably a really big one that covers the entire plate and with minimal breading. :heart: :heart:
Add a salad and a baked tater, a pitcher of tea, and end it all with peach cobbler and Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. Mighty tasty !!

az now your talking.ive a few chicken fried steaka covered in gravy that covered the plate that they was on.they was sure enough good eating. let me tell you. scott

Arnold Ziffle":2qqj9zke said:
Well, I see that only one Texan has chimed in on this very important subject, and very briefly at that. To me, it seems almost sacrilegious to speak of eating something cut from the round without paying proper tribute to chicken fried steak with cream gravy. Preferably a really big one that covers the entire plate and with minimal breading. :heart: :heart:
Add a salad and a baked tater, a pitcher of tea, and end it all with peach cobbler and Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. Mighty tasty !!

YUM! YUM! :D :cboy: ;-)

Arnold Ziffle":2zad7tln said:

now that's my kind of meal!!!! jsut hard to get ma to fix it

Put it in a large piece of foil. Pour in some dark coke ( coke is a term used to describe all cola drinks where I'm from) Mix in your favorite spices. Wrap up tight where the steam can't escape. Cook in oven for 1 hour at 350 and it will come out tender. Blacken in a hot cast iron skillet and enjoy. This is what I did to a tough bear once and it was mighty tender.

az
the only thing wrong that i can tell with your chicken fried steak is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i like steak fies, and creamed corn, and a glass of milk!!!!!!
no matter what ya put with it. IT is yum yum!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I think how tender it is depends on the quality of the beef you start with. If you start with shoe leather, most probably you end up with it also. Anyway, our customers love cube steak down here in the SE, so we offer an option to them of getting more of it.

This is a very good recipe and it makes the cube steak extremely tender and delightfully "tomatoeeee".

Ingredients:
1 lb of Sell Farm Angus cube steak
1/4 cup of white flour
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 medium Vidalia onion chopped
1 4.5 oz can of Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard
1/4 cup of Heinz catsup
1/4 cup of water
2 tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce
2 pinches of garlic powder
2-3 pinches of oregano
2-3 pinches of sweet basil

Take the meat and coat with flour salt and pepper; then brown it in the oil with the onion and green chilies. Add the brown sugar, the dry mustard, Heinz catsup, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and spices. Cover and simmer for about 15 minute, turning every 4 minutes until delightfully tender. Use the gravy to cover your starch! Ad more water if you like the gravey more watery.

Serve with potatoes and a green.
Enjoy!

Billy

:lol:

Jake":243457jf said:
Arnold Ziffle":243457jf said:

now that's my kind of meal!!!! jsut hard to get ma to fix it
Hey Jake
You're old enough to learl to cook. Give your mom a break sometimes. Your mom'll enjoy the break and your dad'll enjoy the steak.