Minerals

Help Support CattleToday:

This is my newest find of minerals that are made locally. I'm sticking with this one until I can find better. Anything you see good or bad about this mineral here.
Looks like the Zn to Cu ratio is out of whack. But I would have to go back to the files and see the industry recommendations.

This is my newest find of minerals that are made locally. I'm sticking with this one until I can find better. Anything you see good or bad about this mineral here.
Is the formulation based on the needs for your area? If so none of us can really make an informed opinion. But if it's just a general purpose mineral then there have been some valid points made I think.

TN Farmers Co-op Ultimate Mineral. They have it with Rumensin too. It has other trace minerals in this mineral, but don't list it on this short ingredient list, such as cobalt, It is made with Organic- Iodine, Cobalt, Copper, Zinc and trace minerals as in Amino Acid Complex minerals listed.

Calcium (min.) 11.00% (max.) 13.00%
Phosphorus (min.) 5.00%
Salt (min.) 22.00% (max.) 26.00%
Magnesium (min.) 3.00%
Copper (min.) 2,600 ppm
Selenium (min.) 30 ppm
Zinc (min.) 5,200 ppm
Vitamin A (min.) 225,000 IU/lb
Vitamin D-3 (min.) 17,000 IU/lb
Vitamin E (min.) 660 IU/lb

This is what I have been using for several years from fall to when flies start in early spring then I start with a hi mag version of a mineral with IGR around May I switch the same IGR mineral minus the hi mag component.
This year I waited till recently to start feeding this as it costs some more.
41E832E5-951E-4426-8EDE-52B03BD6A1A5.jpeg

Latest posts