Minerals

Help Support CattleToday:

el putzo, MFA guy told me when i went with them that they make their minerals for the area where they sell it. claimed different areas need different minerals. well , i think rabon does kill dung beetles which the U S gov. brought in to counteract the horn & face flies & why use a chemical when the igr will do the same & you still have the beetles to kill more flies & better the infiltration of the soil

jerry27150":ciedqrlz said:
el putzo, MFA guy told me when i went with them that they make their minerals for the area where they sell it. claimed different areas need different minerals. well , i think rabon does kill dung beetles which the U S gov. brought in to counteract the horn & face flies & why use a chemical when the igr will do the same & you still have the beetles to kill more flies & better the infiltration of the soil

IGR isn;t a brand name or even a product, it's anything that interupts the growth cycle of an insect.
As I understood the pitch by Cargill, the specified that altosid works for horn flys. What does it do for face flys? The never mentioned it during the program parts that I watched.
So, it looks to me like they're dealing with only a part of the external parasite (fly) problem.
Other companys may have their own brand/type of IGR that works on multiple problems, but Cargill has the advertising budget to toute their product.

dun

Latest posts