mineral with aureomycin

Help Support CattleToday:

If this is true, a lot more could be done than is being done to stop this. Post on these cattle sites the name of ranch, name of sale barn, Dept. of Ag. that regulates sale barn, post a couple free adds on craigslist, face book, get enough people knowing about it and word will travel. First you need to know its true and contact the sale.

BRYANT":2r7nu9hm said:
If this is true, a lot more could be done than is being done to stop this. Post on these cattle sites the name of ranch, name of sale barn, Dept. of Ag. that regulates sale barn, post a couple free adds on craigslist, face book, get enough people knowing about it and word will travel. First you need to know its true and contact the sale.
That would be more than just hearsay, it would be a ashame to let facts get in the way of a good story. I'd hate to know -suspect something and not do anything about it... I'd feel like an accomplice.

If this herd has had clinical cases of anaplasmosis, the likelihood is that there are infected carrier animals... which will never become clinical, but can serve as a reservoir to infect ticks at their new location, and potentially spread the infection to naive animals. Without testing, there's no way to know which animals are carriers and which are non-infected.

While a herd dispersal sale is a different deal, in my eyes, than your everyday routine livestock auction sale (CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!), I can guarantee you that there are Anaplasma-carrier animals sold every day across this country, with no malice or chicanery behind the sale...folks just don't know.
But... if there is a veterinarian involved in writing official Certificates of Veterinary Inspection on these animals in question, and they KNOW that the possibility of exposure &/or infection with Anaplasma exists...and claim otherwise on the USDA/APHIS form... they are committing fraud, and could be subject to federal fines up to $10K &/or 5 years' imprisonment... and loss of federal accreditation.

Lucky_P":dwhpn0u3 said:
I can guarantee you that there are Anaplasma-carrier animals sold every day across this country, with no malice or chicanery behind the sale...folks just don't know.
I bought one ,she came from Texas to OKC and cost me a few $$$$$$$$$$$ before it was all said and done.

Latest posts