Making America great again.

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":24h5osr9 said:
[
you know what would be interesting. Everyone one this thread who has commented on how sorry Americans are. Tell us about the work ethics of yourself and your children. Are they lazy pos or different for some reason?
Why are they different. Cause of you?
If they do have good work ethics do you want them to be able to compete fairly in the job market??

Just to clear the air I never said Americans are sorry. I shared my experiences but here is my response

I have a business that I work when I need too otherwise my guys do majority of the work .. most of the time I cant be outside in the heat much ... " health reasons " so I run equipment mostly.. I still do get out there but not as much as before. I haul and sell grain, sell and fix farm equipment, Sell firewood split mostly by maul, fix cars for folks build run in sheds or sheds for folks, Do concrete and a bunch of other junk. In November I take my vacation Nov-Jan and do minimal work. My kids are really young but have some chores their major job is getting their school work done so they can be smart and hopefully get a job and not have to work like a fool like their father doing grunt work. The do anything I ask them too and do a good job. They watch me work night and day and were raised on a piece of equipment the first few years of their life. My kids are not afraid of work and don't run from it and go play video games. I can only show them the way I can't say how they will be in 15 years from now. I want my kids to use their brains and make good money and shoot for the stars. I also want them to learn a trade in which they help me a lot when I build sheds and such. I can only give them the foundation the rest is up to them. You may call me lazy cause I sit in the truck watching them work in the summer but I prefer not to be passing out or getting sick. I love working outside in the winter that's when I do a lot of work after hunting season.

I'll put all three of mine up against anybody's they know how to work and better still they don't like to be told they cant do it. I have people tell me all the time how hard of workers they are. Kids learn from their parents to be sorry or productive.

What I am seeing in the workplace is the shift to the global citizens. The elites don't want borders. The project I am currently working is primarily foreign workers from management all the way down to the hands in the field. There is but a few of us "US citizens". Same goes for engineering and everything else. Most refineries/chemical plants around here are now foreign owned. I honestly believe the illegals taking the low income jobs are the least of our problems. Now we are loosing middle class jobs to "global citizens". Its all by design.

My kids are young but help me every weekend .. as for myself I started working weekends and Summers at 12 toting wood for a framing crew.. I learned a craft and started my own business at 23 ..worked 7 days a week unless it was raining . went back to school at 36 to obtain the job I have now .. I work shift work now. I worked 1200 hours of overtime last year and run 50 head .. I guess I'm a little lazy

SteppedInIt":1rifkqhn said:
What I am seeing in the workplace is the shift to the global citizens. The elites don't want borders. The project I am currently working is primarily foreign workers from management all the way down to the hands in the field. There is but a few of us "US citizens". Same goes for engineering and everything else. Most refineries/chemical plants around here are now foreign owned. I honestly believe the illegals taking the low income jobs are the least of our problems. Now we are loosing middle class jobs to "global citizens". Its all by design.

Good point. The meat lines at Tyson don't face east by coincidence.

SteppedInIt":1ygzoz5z said:

It does not stop at the middle class. Global citizens are taking some of the highest positions in America.

Well my kids are addicted to their phones, lazy and spoiled rotten. But they've never been in any trouble and will do whatever we ask of them. Our kids definitely don't have the work ethics that we had, but their really good productive citizens and they make us proud. My kids won't ever have to compete with illegals for a job, they were raised better that.

Margonme":11fu91b7 said:
SteppedInIt":11fu91b7 said:

It does not stop at the middle class. Global citizens are taking some of the highest positions in America.

Definitely. Good point stepped. Look at how many of our doctors come from SOMEWHERE ELSE.

SteppedInIt":1jww33h8 said:

I do believe that you are on to something here. ;-)

callmefence":1xm7lit5 said:
RanchMan90":1xm7lit5 said:
callmefence":1xm7lit5 said:
And we're paying for their education.

That does it I'm building a wall

If we build a wall, they'll just build a tunnel.

Just like a coyote. You can't stop him with a good fence. But you dam sure can tell where to drop a snare.

Or where to place a land mine.

When Americans are willing to work for the same wages that the foreign workers work for then America Will Be Great Again. Times may get rough and the wall will keep us in like in Germany.

skyhightree1":2k1ytu4n said:
callmefence":2k1ytu4n said:
[
you know what would be interesting. Everyone one this thread who has commented on how sorry Americans are. Tell us about the work ethics of yourself and your children. Are they lazy pos or different for some reason?
If they do have good work ethics do you want them to be able to compete fairly in the job market??

I want my kids to use their brains and make good money and shoot for the stars.

That is what an entire generation has been told. Notice how no parent says, "I want my kids to use their muscles and make good money."? Other than maybe sports athletes who are grossly overpaid.

Well the brain says it easier to sit in an office chair and make $10/hour than work in the elements in a physical role for $12.

There is no honour anymore in hard work, breaking a sweat, having principles. It's all about how to work 'the system' and do the bare minimum will not negatively affecting the 'lifestyle'.

Schools teach math, but not the value of a dollar. Schools teach physical education, but not how to be physically constructive. Schools teach history, but not the principles or pride of those who made it.

People today say about the manual labourer, 'He works like a fool.' Compare that to the same person who says the stock broker or lawyer 'He's a smart business man/professional'. Which path is your child more likely to follow?

Aaron":36vifbq0 said:
skyhightree1":36vifbq0 said:
callmefence":36vifbq0 said:
[

That is what an entire generation has been told. Notice how no parent says, "I want my kids to use their muscles and make good money."? Other than maybe sports athletes who are grossly overpaid.

Well the brain says it easier to sit in an office chair and make $10/hour than work in the elements in a physical role for $12.

There is no honour anymore in hard work, breaking a sweat, having principles. It's all about how to work 'the system' and do the bare minimum will not negatively affecting the 'lifestyle'.

Schools teach math, but not the value of a dollar. Schools teach physical education, but not how to be physically constructive. Schools teach history, but not the principles or pride of those who made it.

People today say about the manual labourer, 'He works like a fool.' Compare that to the same person who says the stock broker or lawyer 'He's a smart business man/professional'. Which path is your child more likely to follow?

Correct me if I'm wrong Aaron but I don't think you have kids.. Most parents want their kids to grow up and do better than they did its called hopes and aspirations for your kids. If they fall short of that and are in a physical job you teach them to work hard and do their best. Sure there's honor in any job someone does that's a legal job. A physical demanding job and mental demanding job are 2 different things and both kinds of jobs are needed. I sure as hell am not going to say I hope my kids grow up to be the best ditch diggers ever.

skyhightree1":9a5wjmiz said:
Aaron":9a5wjmiz said:
skyhightree1":9a5wjmiz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong Aaron but I don't think you have kids.. Most parents want their kids to grow up and do better than they did its called hopes and aspirations for your kids. If they fall short of that and are in a physical job you teach them to work hard and do their best. Sure there's honor in any job someone does that's a legal job. A physical demanding job and mental demanding job are 2 different things and both kinds of jobs are needed. I sure as be nice am not going to say I hope my kids grow up to be the best ditch diggers ever.

Nope, no kids here. But I just shake my head when I read this entire thread and then compare it to how kids are being molded today. Is it really a surprise to everyone on here but me? There are consequences to how kids have been raised the last generation or two. We are now living in the world of those consequences.

I was raised in a family lineage that teaches there is more honor/pride/value to be recognized in a physically demanding job such as ranching or lumberjack or coal miner than any other job, be it a doctor, teacher or politician. People who descend from that way of thinking are like needles in a haystack in today's world. Heck, I am the only one of my siblings that holds true to that way - the rest of them want the highest dollar for the least amount of work - any wonder why they are all far-left Liberals?

You reap what you sow.

callmefence":zcizzjn1 said:
Margonme":zcizzjn1 said:
SteppedInIt":zcizzjn1 said:

Definitely. Good point stepped. Look at how many of our doctors come from SOMEWHERE ELSE.

You are so right mine came from Gober Texas

Aaron":256rxk8n said:
skyhightree1":256rxk8n said:
callmefence":256rxk8n said:
[

THUMBS UP... :clap:

Aaron":3jqpyq7b said:
skyhightree1":3jqpyq7b said:
callmefence":3jqpyq7b said:
[

Exactly the point that Mike Rowe makes regularly: https://www.facebook.com/TheRealmikeroweWORKS/?fref=ts

If I am wrong for teaching my kids to work along the way and hope they do better than I have so be it... I will not strive to have my kids to be a laborer as a life goal not that there's anything wrong with it.. If they end up being one id be just as proud but I know they are smart and have the capability to do more. A parent knows what their kids capable of doing for the most part. Raise your your way I'll raise mine my way.. No matter how you raise a kid in the best of home environment they can go south and do something you'd never imagined.

The issue should not be whether they should be white collar or blue collar. We need both.

It depends on the person - their aptitude, personal interest, goals, etc. That is a personal choice. As I constantly tell anyone who will listen (sarcasm), my son has a PhD from Vanderbilt (Harvard of the South, LOL) in Cancer Cell Biology. He is now employed by Eli Lilly doing clinical study reviews.

My career was white collar but I have an admiration for welders, mechanics, equipment operators, etc. I had a D3G LGP dozer for 3 years. I put 2000 hours on it. I don't know if I ever did anything more rewarding.

I know a guy half a mile from here who has no education. He told me his parents never sent him to school. IDK. But I do know, he is amazing with metal.

I think we often blame the people when the opportunities are not there. Not everyone has the qualities of Callmefence as an example. And let's face it, there are many out there who are not too bright. I don't know if I myself could find the motivation to make a living if I had to "go three steps forward and two steps back" to make a living. I actually think I would make a good thief. According to True Grit, I am a thief since I made my living as a civil servant. Candidly, it doesn't bother me a bit. And 25 years from now, no one is going to know, care or remember.

:banana:

I think the main problem is.. "if i go to college, i'll make it"

its so ingrained into every kid.. its sickening.

I open up the morning paper.. nothing but jobs jobs jobs for physical type work. 20-32+ /hr starting out.. they can't even get anyone to work! 15+/hr WALK IN HIRING ON THE SPOT!!!! can't get anyone to come in!~ This is easy work.

Welders -- 30-40/hr starting out..

all these office jobs.. MAYBE 12 bucks an hour..

I see a HUGE need for blue collar workers.. brick layers, welders, CNC machinists, etc...

Around here.. if you need ANYTHING labor done.. its insane how much it costs. and they are standing in line with money in the hand.

Latest posts