Making America great again.

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":boolmkq9 said:
angus9259":boolmkq9 said:
True Grit Farms":boolmkq9 said:
Some excellent cabinet choices for putting the country back to work.

Excellent choices for growing corporate profits - not necessarily for putting the country back to work - not that that's a bad thing. I'll bet none of them know how much a dozen eggs costs. I was hoping for something a little more grass roots than a cabinet full of billionaires who have never milked a cow or shingled a roof.

But what do I know....

I sure as he!! don't want cow milkers and roofers running the country.

Not too many Generals with a billion bucks by the way.

hey now , don't be dissn the roofers

angus9259":27phz1zy said:
True Grit Farms":27phz1zy said:

Excellent choices for growing corporate profits - not necessarily for putting the country back to work - not that that's a bad thing. I'll bet none of them know how much a dozen eggs costs. I was hoping for something a little more grass roots than a cabinet full of billionaires who have never milked a cow or shingled a roof.

But what do I know....

I agree I was hoping for a different approach on cabinet selection.

TennesseeTuxedo":3hk6iv32 said:
angus9259":3hk6iv32 said:
True Grit Farms":3hk6iv32 said:

But what do I know....

I sure as he!! don't want cow milkers and roofers running the country.

Not too many Generals with a billion bucks by the way.

You beat me to it TT. I'd like to add politicians also because we've seen how they can't run a business or country.

skyhightree1":cnh6rl8c said:
angus9259":cnh6rl8c said:
True Grit Farms":cnh6rl8c said:

But what do I know....

Sorry Sky, your guy had his shot and now we're moving on.

skyhightree1":31rr7vsb said:
angus9259":31rr7vsb said:
True Grit Farms":31rr7vsb said:

But what do I know....

Like who or what kind of approach? I've always felt success breeds success myself.

callmefence":34qspew7 said:
-
I tell you what Margo. I probably fall into the fool category. But you can search the archives of this forum and find hundreds of pics of my crews. Look close and I guarantee you won't find a single mescun. I built miles of fence by myself this summer due to lack of help. And I kinda enjoyed it.
We get along here and there. But to anyone who's given up. Or is scared to do their own work so they hire illegals. If want to say make American great again is a cute phrase. But there's no hope, then you are the pussifiction of America.
The greatest generation as we say . Came from the poorest of situations with the greatest of pride and kicked the shyt out a the rest of the world. Anybody who wants to cry we ain't got a chance, can go be nice themselves.
Ain't shyt to me

I hire anyone who says they can do the work I cant speak for every business owner and their employees but the ones I got working for me that were born here white black can't touch the work ethics of the Mexican or south American workers that are legal working for me. I am speaking on my experiences. I have one that may take pride in his work white or black but they think they should be making the same thing im making and don't stick around long. I work with my crew when I can and need too but here is never a shortage of people wanted to get paid the problem is finding folks that want to do a good job and get paid accordingly. Look at people working at McDonalds wanting to start out at 15.00 an hour for unskilled labor that a teenager can do. I assure you that move was not started by an immigrant illegal or legal. Lets face it Americans have the greed but and feel as though if they lift a finger they should get top dollar is how majority of the working age folks feel today. If I can afford you and think you will do a good job white black green yellow Mexican or whatever I will give you a chance if your legal. I have my crew working on a job they get hour lunch unpaid americans go somewhere to eat come back rarely on time the south American and Mexicans that work start lunch right on time and end it right on time they sit under a tree with their packed lunch and are back on time the americans by birth always have to look for them or hound them. Do I like that no I don't but that's the reality in my world.

TennesseeTuxedo":3hxuy0tf said:
skyhightree1":3hxuy0tf said:
angus9259":3hxuy0tf said:

But what do I know....

Sorry Sky, your guy had his shot and now we're moving on.

My guy ?

True Grit Farms":3hxuy0tf said:
skyhightree1":3hxuy0tf said:
angus9259":3hxuy0tf said:

But what do I know....

Like who or what kind of approach? I've always felt success breeds success myself.

I was hoping to have folks that were not big business minded and CEO billionaires that really have no understanding of anything but running a big corporation. Folks that understood the common man. Who in particular I don't know ??? Folks that can't help line their own pockets even further with their agenda in mind and not the country as a whole. Success breeds success sometimes not all the time kinda like the bull comment I think you had posted

True Grit Farms wrote:
Because contrary what some folks think not all bulls pass their good looks off to their calves, and some no matter the name or numbers don't grow out good either.

Their business savy and running a country are 2 totally different things. CEO's look out for share holders and make sure they make some $$$ and keep the business profitable... A country isn't a big business however the CEO needs to remember to look out for the share holders which are the citizens of this country. Now look out for a particular group and make it better for them but look out for everyone for the better.

Trump is an interesting guy. At least, he has a personality. Obama was the most bland personality in the history of the nation. Fact: I don't remember one interesting sentence he is noted for.

Trump WILL NOT MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. ONLY GOD CAN DO THAT.

But by HeII, he can entertain us. I am excited. Most fun personality I have ever seen going to the White House. If he gets a few good changes made, well, that will be icing on the cake.

About two years ago when I had a new house built I figured that about half the guys who did something on it were illegals. The roofers, painters, insulation, and sheet rockers each group came in a crew of 3 or 4. One would speak very broken English. The others did appear to speak English at all. I know or have known Americans who did all of those jobs. They just wont do it for the money that illegals will.
I hear that there is a timber falling contractor down in Grays Harbor with an illegal crew. The rumor is that he supplies the saws and pays them minimum wage. When I got hurt in 1993 (ended my timber falling days) we were making $30 an hour.
I had a friend who ran two crews of pre commercial thinners on Weyerhaeuser land back in the 80's. He paid his guys $8.00 an hour. Along came a guy with a crew of illegals who he paid $4.00 and hour. My friend was out of business.
I think along with deporting the illegals they should jail those who hired them. Up to and including CEO's of the company. A week or two in the local grey bar hotel and those CEO's will have pretty strict policy about hiring illegals.

Jogeephus was the only one that caught what I was thinking. Most folks that are getting a government check now won't be looking for a job, unless you pay them cash under the table.
We need a flat tax but our new POTUS wants no part of that I'm sure.
Sky, these folks that are going to be running our country are all taking a major pay cut. They don't need the money most have more than they can spend and give away now. I truly believe that they want to help us and our kids become self sufficient and debt free. The deficit this country is in is a big deal to them. When were out of money our checks bounce, when the country is out of money they just print more. That cannot work for ever.

Dave":216p35kp said:
About two years ago when I had a new house built I figured that about half the guys who did something on it were illegals. The roofers, painters, insulation, and sheet rockers each group came in a crew of 3 or 4. One would speak very broken English. The others did appear to speak English at all. I know or have known Americans who did all of those jobs. They just wont do it for the money that illegals will.
I hear that there is a timber falling contractor down in Grays Harbor with an illegal crew. The rumor is that he supplies the saws and pays them minimum wage. When I got hurt in 1993 (ended my timber falling days) we were making $30 an hour.
I had a friend who ran two crews of pre commercial thinners on Weyerhaeuser land back in the 80's. He paid his guys $8.00 an hour. Along came a guy with a crew of illegals who he paid $4.00 and hour. My friend was out of business.
I think along with deporting the illegals they should jail those who hired them. Up to and including CEO's of the company. A week or two in the local grey bar hotel and those CEO's will have pretty strict policy about hiring illegals.

Fence: the scenario Dave described makes my point. We have gone backwards in earnings. Good business models have been destroyed by cheap labor and foreign competion. It is a fact, Jack.

skyhightree1":2plnugv8 said:
callmefence":2plnugv8 said:
-
I tell you what Margo. I probably fall into the fool category. But you can search the archives of this forum and find hundreds of pics of my crews. Look close and I guarantee you won't find a single mescun. I built miles of fence by myself this summer due to lack of help. And I kinda enjoyed it.
We get along here and there. But to anyone who's given up. Or is scared to do their own work so they hire illegals. If want to say make American great again is a cute phrase. But there's no hope, then you are the pussifiction of America.
The greatest generation as we say . Came from the poorest of situations with the greatest of pride and kicked the shyt out a the rest of the world. Anybody who wants to cry we ain't got a chance, can go be nice themselves.
Ain't shyt to me

I hire anyone who says they can do the work I cant speak for every business owner and their employees but the ones I got working for me that were born here white black can't touch the work ethics of the Mexican or south American workers that are legal working for me. I am speaking on my experiences. I have one that may take pride in his work white or black but they think they should be making the same thing im making and don't stick around long. I work with my crew when I can and need too but here is never a shortage of people wanted to get paid the problem is finding folks that want to do a good job and get paid accordingly. Look at people working at McDonalds wanting to start out at 15.00 an hour for unskilled labor that a teenager can do. I assure you that move was not started by an immigrant illegal or legal. Lets face it Americans have the greed but and feel as though if they lift a finger they should get top dollar is how majority of the working age folks feel today. If I can afford you and think you will do a good job white black green yellow Mexican or whatever I will give you a chance if your legal. I have my crew working on a job they get hour lunch unpaid americans go somewhere to eat come back rarely on time the south American and Mexicans that work start lunch right on time and end it right on time they sit under a tree with their packed lunch and are back on time the americans by birth always have to look for them or hound them. Do I like that no I don't but that's the reality in my world.

Horseshyt, my boys will work right through lunch. And I've had my share of black city boys that are welcome here anytime.
But I m not working anyone not born here. Maybe you can expand your business with the fresh shipment of Syrians

True Grit Farms":2z9y7pwv said:
Sky, these folks that are going to be running our country are all taking a major pay cut. They don't need the money most have more than they can spend and give away now. I truly believe that they want to help us and our kids become self sufficient and debt free. The deficit this country is in is a big deal to them. When were out of money our checks bounce, when the country is out of money they just print more. That cannot work for ever.

TGF I sure hope your right... I truly do. I want nothing more than this illegals crap to cease and the demise of welfare for young folks who are able to work but choose not too as well as many other things. I also hope he really does do something about auto makers sending cars elsewhere to get built for 3k and bring back to the U.S. and sell for 50k..

M-5 I have no problem with anyone's success its how they get there is what I may have an issue with.

Dave":a7l4f4i7 said:

Amazing how hourly earnings have retreated in your scenario. If you consider "time value of money", it gets worse!

callmefence":17ai6bsf said:
skyhightree1":17ai6bsf said:
callmefence":17ai6bsf said:
-
Ain't shyt to me

Horseshyt, my boys will work right through lunch. And I've had my share of black city boys that are welcome here anytime.
But I m not working anyone not born here. Maybe you can expand your business with the fresh shipment of Syrians

Fence again I said im speaking from my experiences... just like many different things that we all may do and get various results... I don't understand why you are getting so seemingly hostile about things that some of us have experienced. No need to get mad about it... I have no need to expand im good where im at. What I do find funny is ive read a lot of reports about trumps buildings and construction had a lot of illegals working on them

skyhightree1":28jpu429 said:
callmefence":28jpu429 said:
skyhightree1":28jpu429 said:

Fence again I said im speaking from my experiences... just like many different things that we all may do and get various results... I don't understand why you are getting so seemingly hostile about things that some of us have experienced. No need to get mad about it... I have no need to expand im good where im at. What I do find funny is ive read a lot of reports about trumps buildings and construction had a lot of illegals working on them

I can assure you that trump didn't hire them.
It's virtually impossible for a employer to determine the legal status. That's part of the problem. And why I avoid hiring them period.
Plus your devaluing the American worker by using this cheap imported labor. For your own personal benefit. But then you throw the trump thing in. Hypocrisy
And I apologize if I was hostile. I just said horsshyte because that's what I think of what you said. The easy way isn't always the right way

callmefence":14kuseg9 said:
It's virtually impossible for a employer to determine the legal status. That's part of the problem. And why I avoid hiring them period.
Plus your devaluing the American worker by using this cheap imported labor. For your own personal benefit. But then you throw the trump thing in. Hypocrisy
And I apologize if I was hostile. I just said horsshyte because that's what I think of what you said. The easy way isn't always the right way

I am not devaluing the American worker I am telling my experience and im sure others have had same experiences. I also would like to remind you this " The right way isn't always the easy way " either. My laborers make the same white black or whatever so their is no cheap imported labor. I see no color when hiring.. Hypocrisy would be me seeing color and discriminating again people cause of there color and not hiring them. That's not me . If that's my experiences ive had I can't help you don't like it. I am glad you had great experiences hiring the folks you did but it hasn't been my experience. I do not want to get into a pizzin match but thats what my take and experience is. I am sure he didn't hire him but hes not stupid enough to think they were all legal either. I am not putting all my eggs in one basket in this case "trump" that he is the single fix for the U.S. if he fixes all our issues and the country is run better and less gov't in my life I will be the first to admit I was wrong.

That's all I have to add before this thread is locked or vanishes

skyhightree1":2qo0a8yu said:
callmefence":2qo0a8yu said:

I am not devaluing the American worker I am telling my experience and im sure others have had same experiences. I also would like to remind you this " The right way isn't always the easy way " either. My laborers make the same white black or whatever so their is no cheap imported labor. I see no color when hiring.. Hypocrisy would be me seeing color and discriminating again people cause of there color and not hiring them. That's not me . If that's my experiences ive had I can't help you don't like it. I am glad you had great experiences hiring the folks you did but it hasn't been my experience. I do not want to get into a pizzin match but thats what my take and experience is. I am sure he didn't hire him but hes not stupid enough to think they were all legal either. I am not putting all my eggs in one basket in this case "trump" that he is the single fix for the U.S. if he fixes all our issues and the country is run better and less gov't in my life I will be the first to admit I was wrong.

skyhightree1":2qo0a8yu said:
[

M-5 I have no problem with anyone's success its how they get there is what I may have an issue with.

I think this is he hypocrisy he is speaking of , you have issues with how others make money but its not an issue for you to make it in the same fashion

skyhightree1":3dy1z6xi said:
callmefence":3dy1z6xi said:

With all that hot air I suspect you've been eating lunch with the help.... :D