Looks Like Russia is Pricking with Us

Help Support CattleToday:

I heard something about this today. I think the area they were in was international space. Idk for sure.

Not really going to be doing anything they haven't done in the past and not doing anything we haven't done (and currently are doing) to them. Only been a few months ago, we sent two USN frigates right into their back yard waters of the Black Sea.

Aug-2014
US missile cruiser Vella Gulf has entered the Black Sea in what the American Navy described as a move to "to promote peace and stability in the region." Moscow has considered any such acts as "offensive."

http://zxq9.com/wp-content/uploads/2008 ... a_map3.png

To me this seems like two bulls across the fence from each other during breeding season. I hate Putin, and allowing him to steal Crimea (although I've heard from a couple women at work that Crimea actually wanted to go back to the Soviet...I mean Russia) and only giving him and his cronies financial sanctions is laughable. We'll see where this takes us, but I'm not excited. I think a new cold war is brewing.....

I agree we may be heading to a miniature version of Cold War status, but regarding Crimea, I firmly believe that all people's have an unalienable right to self determination, as did the founding fathers of this nation.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it.

Notice, it says ALL MEN--meaning all mankind--not just all the residents of what is now the USA. I have no love for Putin or even Russia itself, but if we believe the above for ourselves, then we must also believe it for all others.

Bestoutwest":2xut49xl said:
To me this seems like two bulls across the fence from each other during breeding season. I hate Putin, and allowing him to steal Crimea (although I've heard from a couple women at work that Crimea actually wanted to go back to the Soviet...I mean Russia) and only giving him and his cronies financial sanctions is laughable. We'll see where this takes us, but I'm not excited. I think a new cold war is brewing.....
Putin being one bull, who is the other "bull"?

GB that has always looked good in print but unfortunately has never been truly believed or practiced by many in our own country.

Yep, I understand that TB, but there is also no shortage of people both in this country and around the world that believe in it fully, and our founding fathers never wanted a central govt so strong that the individual states lost their assigned powers-we are a republic--not a textbook democracy and certainly not a monarchy.
Benjamin Franklin was asked:
"Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?"
Franklin: "A Republic, if you can keep it."
It's about gone now.

greybeard":4thr5y84 said:
Yep, I understand that TB, but there is also no shortage of people both in this country and around the world that believe in it fully, and our founding fathers never wanted a central govt so strong that the individual states lost their assigned powers-we are a republic--not a textbook democracy and certainly not a monarchy.
Benjamin Franklin was asked:
"Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?"
Franklin: "A Republic, if you can keep it."
It's about gone now.
It has leaving even as it was being written 200+ years ago. It was never fully put into practice.

George Carlin: This country was founded by a bunch of slave owners that wanted to be free and that all men were created equal

A quote I really like is "To think is easy, to do is hard, and to do as one thinks is most difficult"

Latest posts