Looking for Angus Bull (7 picts)

Help Support CattleToday:

#3 and #4 are both standouts - i prefer the look of #3 as well as his BW, #4 has better WW YW and carcass
EPD's. to get the best deal though- use the money to purchase semen from their sire SS Objective T510 (13776378) very impressive EPD's all across the board. :banana:

ROB

edited: (got my numbers mixed up on the pictures)

#8 - 15985411
15985411-81.jpg

My first pick was #4 but the more I look at them I think I like #3 too. Glad I don't really have to make the choice cause I'd probably have to smoke that one over for quite a spell.

Although no 3 has good beef phenotype, his hind leg structure make him a cull in my book, no 5 has very poor shoulder attachment (draw a line from the top of the withers to the tailhead) and topline issues.

1, 2, 6, and 7 lack depth and thickness. 5 is a bad pic but you can see the bad top line. 3, 4, and 5 are deeper and thicker. As Knersie said the legs throw out 3 but otherwise is the best in the bunch. 4 needs the rump of 3 but he looks to be a bit younger. Do you think that will develop as he gets older?

Do you think that will develop as he gets older?

Yes, no 4 is a thick little bull, he still has a lot of growing and developing to do. He will always be middle of the road and probably will end up alot smaller when mature than no 3 or 5.

If no 4 had a little heavier bone he would have been a dandy, I also prefer stronger and broader muzzles, but that seems to be a breed thing.

I think you've got some good looking prospects here. I hope you can get the one you want bought.

4 or 5 based on look and epd's.
the two heifers however both have 1680 blood line so don't buy a bull that has any 1680 in the line due to CCS.

alabama":39xk3xil said:
4 or 5 based on look and epd's.
the two heifers however both have 1680 blood line so don't buy a bull that has any 1680 in the line due to CCS.

I thought I had eliminated all of the 1680 genes, but I missed one. #7. I will definitely double check the rest before sale day.

Latest posts