Living in the dark...no thanks........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
I can't hardly stand getting dark around here this time of year at 6pm.

For the first time in 66 days, the sun will rise in the northernmost U.S. city Wednesday is special in Utqiagvik, formerly known as Barrow, Alaska, for reasons that don't sound particularly special. That morning, the sun will rise there — but for the first time in 66 days.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topst ... li=BBnb7Kz

That is very interesting jltrent. I'd like 24 hours of daylight at times. But months in the dark ain't for me either.

I don't want the sun to be up at midnight either, like it is in midsummer in those northern latitudes.....some places, there is no dark during part of the summer.
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.

greybeard":3intb5do said:
I don't want the sun to be up at midnight either, like it is in midsummer in those northern latitudes.....some places, there is no dark during part of the summer.
Who done that song

greybeard":1otbhxk4 said:

Article said the sun would rise on May 12 and wouldn't set again until August 2. Just think about all you could accomplish GB. You'd have that little tree dug up and moved in no time!

JMJ Farms":397dc8r6 said:
greybeard":397dc8r6 said:

Article said the sun would rise on May 12 and wouldn't set again until August 2. Just think about all you could accomplish GB. You'd have that little tree dug up and moved in no time!
I'm just going to wait for the wind to blow it on over the rest of the way and I won't have to dig it up. I just need to go ahead and dig the hole for it's new location now, so I'll be ready. Ya see, when you get older, you work smarter, not harder. Earl explained it to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KltxInurebY

I worked in Alaska for 6 years. Never far enough North to have it dark 24 hours. But in the summer you would never see it dark. It would be daylight when you went to sleep and again when you get up. It was dark a few hours in the middle of the night but that was while you were sleeping.

kenny thomas said:
greybeard said:
Who done that song

Tater was close. But to answer Kenny's question correctly it should have been:

Wrong Kenny, it was Led Zepplin.

ChrisB said:
kenny thomas said:
greybeard said:
Who done that song

Tater was close. But to answer Kenny's question correctly it should have been:

Wrong Kenny, it was Led Zepplin.

Took me reading this 3 times to catch on. Hahahaha good one

kenny thomas said:
greybeard said:
Who done that song
One of only a few places on Earth a suicidal person can choose between freezing to death on a glacier or being boiled to death 100 feet away...

Latest posts