Line One cows in NE Montana or NW N.Dakota

Help Support CattleToday:

BIZIN

Reaction score
Hey guys, trying to find 10-15 Line One hereford cows in NE Montana or NW N.Dakota. Heading to Plentywood area to pick some calving stuff up from a buddy then to Minot to find kids a play structure. I'm from Saskatchewan. Trying to find some good Line One cows for sale, calving May June hopefully. Keep seeing more Cooper and Holden bulls coming up this way and really am impressed with the offspring. Split from my dad so I'm starting my hereford herd from scratch again and wanna start with some Line One cows. Any ideas of some for sale for a decent price in those areas?

BIZIN":1o6v6stc said:
Hey guys, trying to find 10-15 Line One hereford cows in NE Montana or NW N.Dakota. Heading to Plentywood area to pick some calving stuff up from a buddy then to Minot to find kids a play structure. I'm from Saskatchewan. Trying to find some good Line One cows for sale, calving May June hopefully. Keep seeing more Cooper and Holden bulls coming up this way and really am impressed with the offspring. Split from my dad so I'm starting my hereford herd from scratch again and wanna start with some Line One cows. Any ideas of some for sale for a decent price in those areas?

Well Plentywood is the office of the Montana Hereford Assn. so they should be able to help you...
Montana Hereford Association
143 Muddy Loop Road
Plentywood, MT 59254

Call Jay-De Eggen
(406) 671-7149 - cell
(406) 895-2488
He is a director- and they raise some bulls that Northern Rancher used to talk highly of... Not sure if they are Line 1- but he would sure know who has any...

You might also try Wayne Waarvik 406-725-3281 in Richland area... He has raised Hereford cattle for years and I believe he may have had Line one breeding too... He is getting up there in age- and told me the other day he is getting out of the Hereford business...

If you are looking for commercial L1 go visit the Nichols ranch. Eggen could get you there phone number. Steve and Lester Nichols have what I'd call true L1 Herefords. Waarvik would have some L1 influence but not what I'd call L1.... But then again lots of pedigrees seem to be considered L1 these days with the newbies. I think you know eggens. Also don and July Burke at Glasgow might know where some are also and eggen would know their number. But Nichols sells maybe 100 bred heifers a year - atleast they used to. Good luck

Ya I'm headed to Jay-De's place to pick up some bolus' and tags before calving starts. Then to Minot. Ill try pick Jay-De and Arvid's minds. Last a recall they aren't to keen on L1 cattle haha might not get any answers!

Latest posts