Lim-flex Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

DRSCfarm

Reaction score
Have you had any experience with Lim-flex (Limousine/Angus) cattle? I am thinking of purchasing an 18 month old Lim-flex heifer bred to the Limousine bull, Pirelli. Just wondering if anyone has pros or cons to this breed? She will be used primarily so we can have ag exemption, but I will be showing her calf next year and we will breed and sell her calves later on.

I would just like any information on this cross. Any health issues? Temperament? Easy calvers? Specific bloodlines that are good? Any information would be very appreciated!

Lim-flex look pretty good. The creation of the Sim-Angus, Balancer, and Lim-Flex have really helped their initial breeds and the cattle industry. I still prefer a purebred Simmental and Gelbvieh bull instead of a cross one though. But with the Limousin's I'll take a Lim-Flex first just to get rid of some that fat tough round rump, plus they look better. Only thing I really noticed bad about them is their dispositions but there isn't many around here.

FlyingLSimmentals":3lnk5r4g said:
But with the Limousin's I'll take a Lim-Flex first just to get rid of some that fat tough round rump, plus they look better.

W T F ? ?

Heck Anazazi haven't you heard the news nothing beats a simmentals. Never eat a tough peice of limousin, and i have ate alot of limousin beef.

I have experience with Lim- flex cattle, and to me they are a great cross,Limousin have come along way, milk epds and disposition have come along way, to me the the Limi cows dont get enough credit like Limi bulls do, and Angus cross well with most, not really sure what Simmentals, have to do with this thread, but it seams like lately they have something to do with every thread except gardening. :roll:

haase":233mhoj0 said:
I have experience with Lim- flex cattle, and to me they are a great cross,Limousin have come along way, milk epds and disposition have come along way, to me the the Limi cows dont get enough credit like Limi bulls do, and Angus cross well with most, not really sure what Simmentals, have to do with this thread, but it seams like lately they have something to do with every thread except gardening. :roll:

The neighbors Simmental Bull got into my garden last year. Does that count?

I try my best to stay as far away as I can from the fat, tough rump Limos with bad dispositions when I am looking for replacements.

Circle H Ranch

LRTX1":1cb40qmf said:
haase":1cb40qmf said:

The neighbors Simmental Bull got into my garden last year. Does that count?
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Red Bull Breeder":2ak1zeyb said:
Heck Anazazi haven't you heard the news nothing beats a simmentals. Never eat a tough peice of limousin, and i have ate alot of limousin beef.

I have recently been informed at least sevenfold about the various advantages of the american simmentals! :banana: :tiphat: :hide:

Now from my experience the limousins never ever have tough meat; and I find it very odd indeed that someone wants less rump on cattle.
And while more than one limousine animal is a little fat, it has hardly any negative effects, and more often it will be critizised for being too lean.
And if one does not like fat, the angus in the mix will be a total waste, because it usually provides lots of both marbling and trim fat.

FlyingLSimmentals":2oxnnclg said:
Lim-flex look pretty good. The creation of the Sim-Angus, Balancer, and Lim-Flex have really helped their initial breeds and the cattle industry. I still prefer a purebred Simmental and Gelbvieh bull instead of a cross one though. But with the Limousin's I'll take a Lim-Flex first just to get rid of some that fat tough round rump, plus they look better. Only thing I really noticed bad about them is their dispositions but there isn't many around here.

Please send all those fat tough round apple butted cattle you find my way....I know that I know nuthing about cattle...and I will continue to use this worthless type of bull on F1 Braford and F1 Brangus cattle.

The limflex is a nice good cow, and her calf is generally born without help, gets up and sucks, then grows. The resulting animal looks good, and tastes good too.

There is a certain other breed where this can not be said of them.

1wlimo":h6r7a1ca said:
The limflex is a nice good cow, and her calf is generally born without help, gets up and sucks, then grows. The resulting animal looks good, and tastes good too.

which un??

Just curious why one would use a terminal type crossed with a maternal type to make a "good cow"?

ALACOWMAN":tv6yd5rx said:
1wlimo":tv6yd5rx said:

which un??

Simi

I have a couple Limi flex heifers, an old Cole cow, and 2 limi bulls. The heifers look a little frammy as yearlings compared to English, but that goes away. My only concern at this point is that the size varies a lot. In general they seem to grow for a longer period than straight English, and of course crosses usually have more variation.

My Limis have Hereford temperments after their source culled hard for 20 years.

I am now crossing Limi on baldy cows. I think a Hereford/continental cross cow is hard to beat, as long as you select lines that have vigorous calves... You could then use the super sized modernized Augus as a terminal cross...

...super sized??... I am a little skeptical regarding the desirability of propagating "super-sized" beef genetics given current 'profit-minded' protocols in the present economically-minded manaement agendas. My question is: have we really explored, to the fullest extent, the many factors of producing a PROFIT in the beef business?

I don't THINK so!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":10xoyj84 said:
...super sized??... I am a little skeptical regarding the desirability of propagating "super-sized" beef genetics given current 'profit-minded' protocols in the present economically-minded manaement agendas. My question is: have we really explored, to the fullest extent, the many factors of producing a PROFIT in the beef business?

I don't THINK so!

DOC HARRIS
i dont think you have explored the terminal protocols

Latest posts