Lim Flex

Help Support CattleToday:

@SmokinM ; MC Livestock... bull sale April 1st, 2023... this Sat. RT 11 south of Greenville...
Tom McCall 504-290-0192 Joe Moore 540-569-6219.. Joe used to work for the McComas farm, JP's Lee Hill Farm with Limousin on Ridge Road in Raphine. Joe has the Lim-Flex and Limousin cattle. His wife is Tabby Moore... vet... think she now works for the State vet (VDACs or something)...
Would love to meet up with you but we are shipping a bunch of odd ball, and dairy x feeders and they are going to Shenandoah Valley sale as that is the best market for dairy x stuff.... and colored calves like the few char x and red and rwf calves we have... kinda cleaning out the barn of anything that did not make the "groups" of black calves we took to Staunton to sell.
We often go to Tom's sale just to mix and meet with neighbors etc... food is usually pretty good too. Sale is at noon I think. Don't need anymore bulls now since we bought the 2 at the Quaker Hill sale.

@kenny thomas heard of Worrell cattle company... never had any interaction with them though.
There is also a farm with Limousin cattle on rt 340 north of Waynesboro... see the sign when I go that way sometimes... can't think of the name...

We tried limflex bulls and limo bulls on angus cows. Calves were great. They calve much like an angus. Come easy and have good vigour. Get up and suck right away. I think there best as a terminal cross the calves grow very well. Even if the limo breed claims to have solved the docility issue there is still the odd genetic throwback and u get a calf that goes bazurk when you try to work them. Mostly good docility but it's the one or two wild ones that can cause grief.
There was a really exceptional bull back in the eighties that threw really exceptional calves that grew into exceptional cows. Docility being one thing he was noted for... but the next generation was nutz. For some reason most of his grandprogeny were throwbacks and wild. I wish I could remember the name of that bull.

A bull that I used quite a bit was Rousso. He was owned by O'Brian Farms in Missouri and I had several of their cows over the years. Never had any disposition issues at all.

@SmokinM ; MC Livestock... bull sale April 1st, 2023... this Sat. RT 11 south of Greenville...
Tom McCall 504-290-0192 Joe Moore 540-569-6219.. Joe used to work for the McComas farm, JP's Lee Hill Farm with Limousin on Ridge Road in Raphine. Joe has the Lim-Flex and Limousin cattle. His wife is Tabby Moore... vet... think she now works for the State vet (VDACs or something)...
Would love to meet up with you but we are shipping a bunch of odd ball, and dairy x feeders and they are going to Shenandoah Valley sale as that is the best market for dairy x stuff.... and colored calves like the few char x and red and rwf calves we have... kinda cleaning out the barn of anything that did not make the "groups" of black calves we took to Staunton to sell.
We often go to Tom's sale just to mix and meet with neighbors etc... food is usually pretty good too. Sale is at noon I think. Don't need anymore bulls now since we bought the 2 at the Quaker Hill sale.
Thanks Jan I will check into all of that. I will also see if I can figure out the farm on 340. I am in Waynesboro fairly often. Good luck at the sale Sat. I take a few there myself for the same reason.

Like I mentioned earlier the Limousin bull that we had a few years ago was as calm and easy to work with as any bull I've ever had and more so than most. That said I've bought some Limousin stocker calves that have been all over the place disposition wise. Some were bat crap crazy, and others settled down and fit right in. Had a few once that I wish now I'd a kept for cows but didn't.
They will have thickness and muscle that straight Angus, or much else won't have.
I've been real selective in buying Angus bulls and I have had a pretty good experience with them disposition wise. The worst tempered bull I've had was a Simmental.

Farm on 340 is on right going north out of waynesboro... can't remember off hand if it is grottoes or crimora... sign sits a little on a hill... just can't tell you until I get in that direction again.

Latest posts