Let's not "change the channel"

Help Support CattleToday:

image0022-4.gif
their souls may they rest in peace. Amen.

My wife and family know all about the CACO Officer. May all our fallen men rest in peace. Tom :cboy:

That is a good article Van. It makes you think and reflect. The use of the semicolon in the article as a metaphor is powerful. I could relate as WWII was a semicolon in my dad's life. He never talked about it except on one occassion when he tried to share his wisdom with my thick skull. You see, he was a corpsman and he saw more than I think he wanted to remember. The semicolon in his life came when he was sent home along with a critically wounded soldier. He stayed with him on the ship and later on the train. The soldier just wanted to go home to Pennsylvania. When they entered the state, my dad told him he was home and shortly thereafter he died but he died at home. At this point my dad could no longer work on people. He took up veterinary medicine and devoted his life to the care of animals. Though I tried to pass this and other knowledge on to my eldest son, his ideas of heroism and patriotism could not be tempered due to his youth and genetically thick skull. However, last summer he helped unload the true heroes returning home from war at Dover and I think this might have been the semicolon in his life as well. Its amazing how history will repeat itself.

Latest posts