Last of the Mohicans

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Buried my last paternal first cousin today, what a day for a funeral.
Been a long time since I seen rain like this.
That makes me the last living grandchild been a lot of funerals on this journey.

That's got to be tough. It could happen to me. My parents were both the youngest in their families so I don't have many cousin's younger than me. My sister is 10 years younger than me and I'm pretty sure she's the youngest grandchild on one side and next youngest on the other.

I know where she is at, time to rejoice.
She was like my older sister, after her mom died in the forties she lived with us.
Her dad was a long haul greyhound bus driver, when he was on the road she
lived at our house.
She was the most positive person I ever knew, she lost her older brother to
leukemia as a child as well as her mom. Lost her only son at 18 to a car accident
her youngest daughter to Rita. The first question she would ask is how are you doing
and could she do anything for you.
Fine Christian lady that has gone home.

Sorry for your loss. She sounds like a very gracious and kind lady, that will leave an impact on those that knew her.

It seems like a death is always a time of reflection and also a good time for one to put things in perspective. I used to think that growing old was what I wanted to do till I listened to my wife's grandmother say when she was 92 that it was lonely when you reach that age. All of her friends, and most of siblings had done past away. Today they are burying my favorite uncle and my brother and I were reflecting on the fact that within five years most of our aunts and uncles will pass away. The thought is sobering.

Time is passing us all by. My great-aunt passed away last year, the last of her generation in my family. One of my father's cousins, who isn't much older than I am, remarked that she's now part of the oldest generation. I hadn't thought of it until she mentioned that.

Latest posts