First of the last…

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
341A6BC1-454D-492F-BF67-F51BA423FC36.jpeg
This is first Hereford calf born on the farm in 8 years. I was planning to add more Hereford influence for no other reason than I like them. I feel the same way about the Red Angus gals. We always had more Black Angus than the others and for the most part they paid the bills. Times change, priorities shift.

My wife and I sold the farm, the equipment, and the cattle a couple of months ago. I have invested most of the money into my real estate business. I'll be on the lookout for a small farm closer to home and if it's in God's plan I'll have cattle again someday.

A few folks reached out to ask where I'd been so now you know.

Well holy horse hockey!
I been wondering where the heck ya been!
View attachment 14149
This is first Hereford calf born on the farm in 8 years. I was planning to add more Hereford influence for no other reason than I like them. I feel the same way about the Red Angus gals. We always had more Black Angus than the others and for the most part they paid the bills. Times change, priorities shift.

My wife and I sold the farm, the equipment, and the cattle a couple of months ago. I have invested most of the money into my real estate business. I'll be on the lookout for a small farm closer to home and if it's in God's plan I'll have cattle again someday.

View attachment 14149

Sounds like a good move to me.

Wondered where you were. What kinda of real estate business to do have? Are you a realtor of a investor?

Nice calf. We are headed in the same way, cattle wise. There red cattle just do so much better than the black cattle, here. If they stay more like a red mott the price is not enough to worry about. If they get too much white you take a hit.

I am breeding our "Herefords" from F1s rather than buying them. 😄