Laptop computer suggestions.

Help Support CattleToday:

Apple… ugh…
HP, Dell and others sell refurb devices as well as brand new... e.g. delloutlet.com
**avoid Intel Celeron, Intel Pentium, or AMD Athlon
**look for AMD Ryzen or Intel i3, i5, etc

There are too many retailers to list them all here.
I have shopped Newegg. I will only buy items that are sold & shipped by Newegg. Third-parties have marketplace stores hosted by Newegg Marketplace. I no longer buy from the marketplace after a bad experience.

I guess you'll have to explain to me how a $1000+ laptop is the best bang for your buck.
From a company that goes as far out of their way as possible to make the thing unrepairable on top of it.. It stops charging? well, your only option is a new motherboard from Apple because there's the charge control chip that fails and it's impossible to get.

HP, Dell and others sell refurb devices as well as brand new... e.g. delloutlet.com
**avoid Intel Celeron, Intel Pentium, or AMD Athlon
**look for AMD Ryzen or Intel i3, i5, etc

There are too many retailers to list them all here.
I have shopped Newegg. I will only buy items that are sold & shipped by Newegg. Third-parties have marketplace stores hosted by Newegg Marketplace. I no longer buy from the marketplace after a bad experience.
Newegg is the right place to go...you can get refurbished for under $200 to very nice open box latest and greatest... my last purchase was a Asus with Intel i5 12400 quadcore. Bought it open box for under $700 and I can't find it comparable for that or less 1 1/2 year later. I would not get i7 in a laptop, they just get too hot. If you want simple and cheap, open box or refurbished is a good route, however don't go too cheap and simple, a good operating system goes a long way.

I just got my new laptop yesterday. Bought my wife a cheap HP Chromebook a couple of years ago and liked it so much I gifted one to each of my kids. I write, so I bought myself a more expensive piece of junk that is being sent in under warranty in less than a year, so I ordered a Chromebook for myself a little over a week ago. Less than $200. So far the Chromebooks have been more reliable than others we've had. If you save pictures downloaded from a phone be sure the one you order has that capability.
We did the same thing. Hard to beat those little rascals for the money. Mine is a Dell for about the same money you mentioned.

She got another HP don't know what model, Intel Core, Windows 11. She likes the touch screen capability.

Been about a year since I bought. Got the touchscreen too for just a few $$ more. I connect to a 27 inch monitor so don't use use the touchscreen much but I can use it when I mobile and remember it's their…

Latest posts